Last review by Matt Schiller
* * * * -

Related Garage

Yamaha YZ426F 2000.jpg

Yamaha YZ426F (2000)

Owner: yamaharider111
Added on Yesterday, 06:41 AM
- - - - -

Just purchased a 99 YZ400, Realizing that my OEM carb is not letting my bike idling and preparing to do the carb conversion

• Please sign in to reply

1 reply to this topic
  • Parker856

TT Newbie

1 posts

Posted September 07, 2016 - 06:23 PM

So i looked at just about every post i could find on here about the conversion, and i know they are pretty much plug and go besides stretching the boot a little. If i remember correctly the 02-09 will work, but the 05+ are slightly better.. it is very slim pickings right now from what i can find of the YZ450f carbs, none of them have any of the cables included and are $200+.. i just replaced the intake and exhaust cam with the HotCams for the auto decompression so i have that lever for the hot start, just need the cables and carb...my buddy said the honda carbs are exactly the same(thats what his dealer said) and i just wanted to know if i could include Honda carbs in my search.. thanks!!

sat for a winter, got it for $600.

had a local shop go through it and rebuilt the carb and cleaned it ultrasonically and just no good. After lengthy troubleshooting, cleaning the carbs again, checking valves again, they threw a carb they had on it and it fires right up and runs great.

(have a post in the classifieds) 

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GRAYRACER513, havent met you yet but i already respect you for the time you put in to help strangers!

• grayracer513
42,662 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 08, 2016 - 06:30 AM

Well, your buddy is wrong.  The carb on a CRF450R is a 41mm bore, while the YZ450 is 39mm.  The Honda carb might work, or you might spend a lot of time re-working the jetting.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.