- - - - -

Incorrect ASV F3 Lever Fitment

• Please sign in to reply

4 replies to this topic
  • 24v

TT Member

56 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 05:41 AM

I just wanted to give people a heads up when ordering levers from ASV.  I ordered their F3 levers for my 2016 WR450F.  The clutch lever works fine and is no issue. 

For the brake lever, they list part # BHF30-R for 04-16 WR450F.  This lever does not fit.  I will post an image below showing it, but basically the little stud that goes between the master cylinder and the lever will not fit the hole on the ASV lever.  It is not even close.

I looked up the parts for a 2016 YZ450F vs a WR450F on the OEM part finder and found that they are identical for the front brake master cyliner and perch.  ASV has part # BHF313 listed for 2010-2016 YZ450F on their fitment guide.

http://asvinventions...ions/Yamaha.pdf

I sent them an email and am hoping they will just swap them out, but wanted to let others know so they don't order the wrong thing.  I will update this when I hear back from ASV and can confirm this is all correct.

Here is a pic.

29340792722_d9fc30432d_b.jpg

• 24v

TT Member

56 posts

Posted September 07, 2016 - 04:17 PM

They are swapping the lever for me.  I will post again once I have the other part to confirm the fitment.

• 24v

TT Member

56 posts

Posted September 11, 2016 - 08:20 AM

So they sent me the BHF313 part number.  ASV was quick to fix the issue.  The lever fits great now.  Here's a picture.

29319402150_86ba31571c_b.jpg

• michale

TT Bronze Member

213 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 12:05 PM

Make sure the small end of the little stud goes into the lever and the big end goes into the master. My 16 wr came factory with it backwards. I was breaking the bike in on my paved road and went down because the brake fluid wouldn't go back into the master and when the fluid got hot it expanded, locked up the front tire and down I went. Landed on my knee, ACL replacement 3 months ago. 6 more months to full recovery. The big end of the stud not going all the way in the hole in the brake lever was just enough to not allow the piston to retract all the way.

• 24v

TT Member

56 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 04:41 AM

Make sure the small end of the little stud goes into the lever and the big end goes into the master. My 16 wr came factory with it backwards. I was breaking the bike in on my paved road and went down because the brake fluid wouldn't go back into the master and when the fluid got hot it expanded, locked up the front tire and down I went. Landed on my knee, ACL replacement 3 months ago. 6 more months to full recovery. The big end of the stud not going all the way in the hole in the brake lever was just enough to not allow the piston to retract all the way.

That sucks.  I did not know/think to check for that, but have already ridden the bike a few times without issue, so I would assume it is assembled properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.