Change in elevation?

3 replies to this topic
  • The Salt

Posted September 01, 2016 - 03:34 AM

Hi guys...  I have my 2007 WR set up for 4000 - 9000 feet of elevation here in Salt Lake (4500 feet) and it runs like a champ.  Next week we are heading to Ouray Colorado to hit some of the old mining trails.  They start at about 7000 feet and top out around 13000.  Do you guys that are "in the know" think I need to rejet before I go or can I simply adjust my Idle and air intake when I get to some of the higher elevations?  Thanks for any input.

Matt

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 01, 2016 - 06:23 AM

You will need to go down one size on the pilot and the main....assuming you are on the preffered richer side with your current jetting.

You might also need to drop the needle one clip position or more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Salt

Posted September 01, 2016 - 09:59 AM

You will need to go down one size on the pilot and the main....assuming you are on the preffered richer side with your current jetting.

You might also need to drop the needle one clip position or more.

Sounds good.  I will crack open the carb and see if I can figure out the size thats in there now.  Thanks.

• stevethe

Posted September 01, 2016 - 11:12 AM

7, - 10, you should be fine. With just some peaks at 13, maybe still ok. That's if it's jetted well in the first place.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.