Need help with fixing decel popping

4 replies to this topic
  • Nathh

Posted August 31, 2016 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys,

I've posted about this before on here and got some good suggestions but I'm still in need of some help.

Some background, I have a 2012 WR450F, with a full akrapovic exhaust system (spark arrestor/baffle removed), and the issue is that whenever i close the throttle the bike makes an annoying popping sound pretty much until in come to a stop or turn the throttle on again.

Now someone suggested to adjust the idle fuel cause it sounds like a lean condition, so I went and bought the $150 FI diagnostic tool (not the GYTR tuner) and adjusted the CO level. I tried everything even went to the maximum +30 CO level and it still popped on decel, and i even went the other way down to -15 and no change.

I've also checked all the exhaust connections and they're fine, pulled the entire thing apart and put it back together.

I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point, any suggestions would be great. I would have just put the stock exhaust back on by now but I don't have it cause the guy I bought the bike from didn't have it, go figure.

• Ka0sX

Posted August 31, 2016 - 03:50 AM

What Map are you running?

If you are in the minus setting raise them by 1 until 

I had same issue with the yz450 2014 i had if i went to low with the gytr tuner setting it would pop

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nathh

Posted August 31, 2016 - 04:03 AM

Running one of the FMF maps, most of the fuel values on the map are +3 or +4.

• jimmym

Posted August 31, 2016 - 07:18 AM

Did you replace the header crush gasket when you put on the new exhaust?

• Nathh

Posted August 31, 2016 - 02:13 PM

Not sure if it was replaced, the exhaust was on there when i got the bike, ill buy a new one and see if it changes anything.

thanks for the suggestion.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.