Need help with fixing decel popping

• Please sign in to reply

4 replies to this topic
  • Nathh

TT Member

47 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys,

I've posted about this before on here and got some good suggestions but I'm still in need of some help.

Some background, I have a 2012 WR450F, with a full akrapovic exhaust system (spark arrestor/baffle removed), and the issue is that whenever i close the throttle the bike makes an annoying popping sound pretty much until in come to a stop or turn the throttle on again.

Now someone suggested to adjust the idle fuel cause it sounds like a lean condition, so I went and bought the $150 FI diagnostic tool (not the GYTR tuner) and adjusted the CO level. I tried everything even went to the maximum +30 CO level and it still popped on decel, and i even went the other way down to -15 and no change.

I've also checked all the exhaust connections and they're fine, pulled the entire thing apart and put it back together.

I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point, any suggestions would be great. I would have just put the stock exhaust back on by now but I don't have it cause the guy I bought the bike from didn't have it, go figure.

• Ka0sX

TT Bronze Member

141 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 03:50 AM

What Map are you running?

If you are in the minus setting raise them by 1 until 

I had same issue with the yz450 2014 i had if i went to low with the gytr tuner setting it would pop

• Nathh

TT Member

47 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 04:03 AM

Running one of the FMF maps, most of the fuel values on the map are +3 or +4.

• jimmym

TT Member

93 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 31, 2016 - 07:18 AM

Did you replace the header crush gasket when you put on the new exhaust?

• Nathh

TT Member

47 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 02:13 PM

Not sure if it was replaced, the exhaust was on there when i got the bike, ill buy a new one and see if it changes anything.

thanks for the suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.