Shortening '13 Suspension - 29" Inseam

1 reply to this topic
  • DRZ04

Posted August 30, 2016 - 06:27 PM

I have a 29" inseam and I just cannot handle how tall my '13 WR450F. I fell over 5 times standing still at a stop the last time off road. I have a Devol lowering link installed, a SDG lowered seat, and moved the forks up in the clamps maybe 1/2" to 3/4" which all helped sum. But I am just too short. Anyone have their suspension professionally shortened? If so how much, by who, and how did it work. I find 3 or 4 that will shorten it just not sure how much. Several said no more than 1 1/2". Devol will lower it down to flat track height 4" to 6" if you want.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 30, 2016 - 06:56 PM

Ditch the Devol lowering link. It makes the bike handle poor. With a cut seat and 1" lowered suspension that should be fine. I am no taller and have a 16' lowered an 1" which is a taller bike. Most suspension companies lower suspension.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.