Making a bridge for dirtbikes.

Ya this is the google image link further to the one in my post

https://www.google.ca/search?q=building+dirt+bike+bridges&biw=1130&bih=628&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwii09muserOAhUT8mMKHZf-AKAQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=cvf09veVzc29WM%3A

This a serious bridge

f66567e94655e4efaec20dd972db86a0.jpg

As a bonus this also comes up. I love google image search ?

7207a31d75af261ba3c5c9b2c3dad0e6.jpg

• Like 1

The topic of Making a bridge for dirt bikes, can be interperted in a subliminal sense, Bridging the culture gap between dirt bikes and street bikes, People we can do this!!! LMAFO!📎Conspiracy-Keanu-Memes-1.jpgLet us join together which was once separated!📎037-244x150.jpgand📎24665-02.jpgLOL, sounds political or something, Just kidding, the dude!

You spent WAY too much time thinking about that!

• Like 1

Ah, thanks William, I was wonder about your endevors, that's some fine craftsmanship!

Upstream of the bridge, where I have not built the wall (to keep the illegals out-I'm not paying for it), is where I am excavating. I got the tractor/back hoe stuck only two times! Seven yards of mud/gravel/muck dug out. About 25 to go. Rained last night and bad weather coming over the next few days so operations are on hold for a week or so. I'll work on it as conditions permit and at the end of Sept. Call it quits until next year. Lawn work (areating, lime, fertilizer, seeding) and lake dredging (pump mud and toxics from the bottom. I have about 100 yards of that to remove. I am putting together a 3" trash pump that should move 100 gallons a minute of watery muck.... I hope. I'll hire some of the local high school kids I ride with to help.

• Like 1

Upstream of the bridge, where I have not built the wall (to keep the illegals out-I'm not paying for it), is where I am excavating. I got the tractor/back hoe stuck only two times! Seven yards of mud/gravel/muck dug out. About 25 to go. Rained last night and bad weather coming over the next few days so operations are on hold for a week or so. I'll work on it as conditions permit and at the end of Sept. Call it quits until next year. Lawn work (areating, lime, fertilizer, seeding) and lake dredging (pump mud and toxics from the bottom. I have about 100 yards of that to remove. I am putting together a 3" trash pump that should move 100 gallons a minute of watery muck.... I hope. I'll hire some of the local high school kids I ride with to help.

Are you going to stain your bridge or let it go natural? Round up those critters to give you a hand, you have some nice land my friend!

My bridge - Capable of easily carrying 6,000 pound vehicle. 6' wide and 16' end to end.

How did you figure that 6000 lb.?  I'm not disputing it at all.  I was just wondering if there's a rule of thumb for the capacity of 2x4's, 4x4's etc. on a certain span?

How did you figure that 6000 lb.?  I'm not disputing it at all.  I was just wondering if there's a rule of thumb for the capacity of 2x4's, 4x4's etc. on a certain span?

Some guys I know are builders and they ran the design though some software. So they said it would be 'rated for' 6,000 pounds but probably can handle 10,000. I doubt I'll ever put more than 2,000 on it. I did run a Kubota tractor over it and checked for deflection. None. I had to show the wife it was safe.

For about five years, I had a single 2 X 12 plank to ride the bike or walk over. My wife did not like that. She pushed to have a nice wide and super strong bridge.

• Like 1

Are you going to stain your bridge or let it go natural? Round up those critters to give you a hand, you have some nice land my friend!

I've assigned that job to the wife. She has to wash it with Tri-Phospate then stain/seal. I'll probably end up doing it this fall before it gets cold. A day to wash, a day to stain with a week between and one after to dry.

• Like 1

The topic of Making a bridge for dirt bikes, can be interperted in a subliminal sense, Bridging the culture gap between dirt bikes and street bikes, People we can do this!!! LMAFO!?Conspiracy-Keanu-Memes-1.jpgLet us join together which was once separated!?037-244x150.jpgand?24665-02.jpgLOL, sounds political or something, Just kidding, the dude!

Ilikeyerstyledude.jpg

This is dirt bikes, not 'Nam, there'r rules! Mark it a ZERO!

• Like 1