Hello from kentucky

2 replies to this topic
  • Yz450f madness

Posted August 28, 2016 - 04:39 PM

I have just bought a 2009 yz450f and have a few questions. First I've rode a crf450 and this yz 450 I'm getting is a beast compared to the crf how can I tell if it's had after markets installed. Also is there a way to lower this bike. Bike is supposed to have fresh rebuild before my friend bought it. When I rode it man was it awesome keep in mind I weigh a little over 250 and this thing has no problem standing up with me. Also how reliable will it be just as a casual rider with all Maitenance done. Will get pic soon as I get it home.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 29, 2016 - 05:06 AM

I have just bought a 2009 yz450f and have a few questions. First I've rode a crf450 and this yz 450 I'm getting is a beast compared to the crf how can I tell if it's had after markets installed. Also is there a way to lower this bike. Bike is supposed to have fresh rebuild before my friend bought it. When I rode it man was it awesome keep in mind I weigh a little over 250 and this thing has no problem standing up with me. Also how reliable will it be just as a casual rider with all Maitenance done. Will get pic soon as I get it home.

Hello Mr. Kentucky madness!  I ran a 1" lowered seat in the front with it stock in the back so there was a hump to keep you in. SDG seats does it to your seat and foam. It looks and works good. The 06-09 YZ450's have been proven to be very reliable. Change that oil often as in 3-4 rides it only holds a quart.

• Yz450f madness

Posted August 29, 2016 - 05:11 AM

Thanks brother look forward to learning from this site I was gonna buy my sons kx250f but getting a steel on the 450 and my son decided he wanted to keep the 250 and I'm glad again thanks for the reply

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.