- - - - -

2016 WR450f Dyno

• Please sign in to reply

9 replies to this topic
  • JPTricks

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hello everyone. I just picked up a 16 wr450. Thought it would be interesting to weigh and dyno the bike before I did any changes.

On the scales with a full tank came in at 268lbs.

I did 3 Initial runs bone stock,then 2 with the throttle stop out,2 more with the pea shooter and sparky out of the stock muffler. All of these runs were done in 4th gear. I did one more in fifth. Please note I didn't use the RPM pick up for simplicity and runs were done on stock tire.

Once I get the competition ECU I will run again. I have a titanium full system coming as well.I will reweigh and dyno and tune with air/fuel and rpm. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Dyno sheet.jpg

• Super_Davee

TT Member

70 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for posting this information! I'm excited to see what this bike makes with the GYTR ECU.

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 26, 2016 - 08:47 AM

Pretty low numbers. You likely need a good street tire to get any numbers due to slippage. However you might be able to check from one mod to the other just for comparison.

• JPTricks

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 12:10 PM

I know a street tire would be more accurate but was just looking for some "ish" numbers. Once I get the ecu and full exhaust dyno numbers and weight I will swap out rear sneaker and re-dyno to see what the split is.

• JPTricks

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 12:13 PM

FYI. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but the rear light is prewired as a brake light.just add pin at under seat connection.

• Firethorn37

TT Newbie

23 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:13 AM

FYI. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but the rear light is prewired as a brake light.just add pin at under seat connection.

Really??  I haven't event taken the seat off yet..is it pretty easy to do?  What type of pin?

• JPTricks

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Not sure of the pin"type" but there is 3 wires on the taillight side of the connector and 2 on the chassis side. The missing wire is the brighter brake light. When I do my lighting I'll get some pics. I'm waiting for the turn signals and the rear brake switch to get here in the mail. I am using 2015 FZ-07 bar switches.     

Edited by JPTricks, August 29, 2016 - 07:05 PM.

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:03 PM

07 up WR's are all the same. The extra wire is for the brake light as these bikes are street bikes in other countries.

• JPTricks

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:07 PM

07 up WR's are all the same. The extra wire is for the brake light as these bikes are street bikes in other countries.

good to know

• JPTricks

TT Newbie

10 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Yosh full ti system shaved 2.25 lb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.