2016 WR450f Dyno

9 replies to this topic
  • JPTricks

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hello everyone. I just picked up a 16 wr450. Thought it would be interesting to weigh and dyno the bike before I did any changes.

On the scales with a full tank came in at 268lbs.

I did 3 Initial runs bone stock,then 2 with the throttle stop out,2 more with the pea shooter and sparky out of the stock muffler. All of these runs were done in 4th gear. I did one more in fifth. Please note I didn't use the RPM pick up for simplicity and runs were done on stock tire.

Once I get the competition ECU I will run again. I have a titanium full system coming as well.I will reweigh and dyno and tune with air/fuel and rpm. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Dyno sheet.jpg

• Super_Davee

Posted August 26, 2016 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for posting this information! I'm excited to see what this bike makes with the GYTR ECU.

• stevethe

Posted August 26, 2016 - 08:47 AM

Pretty low numbers. You likely need a good street tire to get any numbers due to slippage. However you might be able to check from one mod to the other just for comparison.

• JPTricks

Posted August 27, 2016 - 12:10 PM

I know a street tire would be more accurate but was just looking for some "ish" numbers. Once I get the ecu and full exhaust dyno numbers and weight I will swap out rear sneaker and re-dyno to see what the split is.

• JPTricks

Posted August 27, 2016 - 12:13 PM

FYI. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but the rear light is prewired as a brake light.just add pin at under seat connection.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Firethorn37

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:13 AM

FYI. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but the rear light is prewired as a brake light.just add pin at under seat connection.

Really??  I haven't event taken the seat off yet..is it pretty easy to do?  What type of pin?

• JPTricks

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Not sure of the pin"type" but there is 3 wires on the taillight side of the connector and 2 on the chassis side. The missing wire is the brighter brake light. When I do my lighting I'll get some pics. I'm waiting for the turn signals and the rear brake switch to get here in the mail. I am using 2015 FZ-07 bar switches.     

Edited by JPTricks, August 29, 2016 - 07:05 PM.

• stevethe

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:03 PM

07 up WR's are all the same. The extra wire is for the brake light as these bikes are street bikes in other countries.

• JPTricks

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:07 PM

07 up WR's are all the same. The extra wire is for the brake light as these bikes are street bikes in other countries.

good to know

• JPTricks

Posted September 06, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Yosh full ti system shaved 2.25 lb

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.