03 wr450f clutch problem continued

6 replies to this topic
  • arlo7

Posted August 21, 2016 - 05:55 AM

I replaced the clutch cable and clutch plates and when put back together, as I put the bike into first the bike launches forward and stalls. I did not replace the clutch springs so idk if that could be my problem?

• Pinepig

Posted August 21, 2016 - 02:47 PM

Did you coat all the clutch frictions in oil when you put it back together?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 21, 2016 - 04:54 PM

I replaced the clutch cable and clutch plates and when put back together, as I put the bike into first the bike launches forward and stalls. I did not replace the clutch springs so idk if that could be my problem?

Whose cable, whose plates did you use.

Did you replace fibers and steels.

Did you clean up the basket notches.

All WR clutches drag, espeically cold.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • arlo7

Posted August 22, 2016 - 01:54 AM

Did you coat all the clutch frictions in oil when you put it back together?

Yes I did

• arlo7

Posted August 22, 2016 - 02:00 AM

Whose cable, whose plates did you use.
Did you replace fibers and steels.
Did you clean up the basket notches.

All WR clutches drag, espeically cold.

Cable was motion pro and plates tusk and I did replace fibers and steels. The basket notches didn't look bad so I didn't touch them. I let the bike run for a little bit and I still couldn't put the bike into gear without it stalling every time.

• stevethe

Posted August 22, 2016 - 04:55 AM

Tusk plates are junk.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 22, 2016 - 05:39 AM

^ that

The Tusk plates and fibers are 'thicker' than stock, making your disengagement problem worse than before....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.