z-start clutches for wr400's

3 replies to this topic
  • robg

Posted March 17, 2004 - 11:52 AM

I've been in contact with the fellas at rekluse about a z-start clutch, They don't make one for a wr400. But they do for a 426, does anybody know if the 426 would fit on the 400, or if the pressure plate is the same on both models? Or am i going to hove to try a different brand?

• ddialogue

Posted March 17, 2004 - 01:22 PM

I would think the clutches between the 400 and 426 would be similar.

Did you ask if they could send you a test unit? I mean, if it doesn't work then they're only out the shipping and you're only out the time. If it does work, you get a clutch (at a reduced cost or free) and they get the knowledge that it works and just that much more market share.

They probably won't go for it but it's worth asking about. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robg

Posted March 23, 2004 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the idea. I talked to them again and they said they dont support the wr400 and the 426 is too different. So i tried emf billet and there the same price and they support the400 so I'm going to give them a try.

Thanks for the idea.

• ddialogue

Posted March 23, 2004 - 03:28 PM

Sounds great RobG! Let us know how it works out for you. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.