WR450 2 smoke?

7 replies to this topic
  • Nuklhed

Posted August 18, 2016 - 03:25 PM

Has anyone successfully put a two smoke motor in the WR450 frame?  Dumb idea or pie in the sky dream...2 smokes appeal to me for the simplicity compared to the WR450 complex inner workings.

I'm thinking about it if the motor ever dynamites due to my stupidity.

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2016 - 03:44 PM

Way too much work and not smooth they vibrate. Your better off just buying a smoker. But remember they are generally more maintenance work replacing worn Pistons.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 18, 2016 - 05:55 PM

Way too much work and not smooth they vibrate. Your better off just buying a smoker. But remember they are generally more maintenance work replacing worn Pistons.

" That's impossible! Four strokes are way more complicated! "

• Nuklhed

Posted August 18, 2016 - 07:28 PM

Krannie, I was hoping you'd jump in--I almost put your handle in the post title.

It's just an idea I'm toying with.  The WR is paid for and I like the frame geometry a LOT.  Not saying it's easy, just kicking the idea around...I know there'd be a bunch of fab work--like mating up the airbox!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shrubitup

Posted August 18, 2016 - 09:14 PM

Vibration, noise, smell of smoke, spooge, no compression braking. All that said I'll still keep mine.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 18, 2016 - 09:51 PM

Soooooo, buy a 2006 YZ250F..........

Better suspension, and everything else is already done for you.

Do you want to plate it?  Then plate it through the mail in South Dakota.

Done.

• redhurricane

Posted August 19, 2016 - 05:44 AM

"complex inner workings"

thanks for that, made my Friday. 

• Nuklhed

Posted August 26, 2016 - 03:23 PM

Oh, you're thinking I'd limit it to a 250, huh?  I'm thinking 500...

okay, no I'm not.  I'll look at the yz250F.  Moving on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.