Will these Simple Modifications work?

3 replies to this topic
  • ksrider

Posted March 17, 2004 - 10:34 AM

I have a 2003 XR650L. Right now it is completely stock but I plan on installing a Baja Designs Dyno-Jet Kit and replacing the stock filter with a Uni filter. Will these modifications make much difference in performance? Will these modifications require other mods (such as exhuast) to make the bike run right?

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted March 17, 2004 - 03:09 PM

Make sure you also remove the smog pump on the left side of the engine case and get a blockoff kit. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clumster

Posted March 17, 2004 - 05:38 PM

You may have been implying this, but you will also want to remove the snorkel from the top of the air box. Under the seat...drill the two rivets and thats it. :)

• Dualndan

Posted March 17, 2004 - 06:50 PM

The mods mentioned will give the bike some performance, but if you really want some more power, put a pipe on. I have the FMF Q-series. It has good power and isnt too loud. And if you take the noise baffle out, it's even better! I take it out when I go off road for the extra power and put it in when I'm cruisin around town. I also have the White Bros. header which really helped the bottom and middle.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.