Removing the stock air filter...

3 replies to this topic
  • ksrider

Posted March 17, 2004 - 10:28 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to all of this so forgive me if this might seem like a stupid question. I want to make some modifications to my XR650L so when they talk about removing the baffle in the air box are they refering to the factory air filter? :)

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted March 17, 2004 - 03:17 PM

No its the plastic peice on top of the air box you can only see it if you take your seat off its held on by two rivets I just drilled mine out. Hope this helps :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Smokin250

Posted March 17, 2004 - 03:36 PM

there is a plastice piece right above the air filter you can take out with your seat off. Everyone does it so it will be easy. Have you uncorked your bike yet?

• ksrider

Posted March 19, 2004 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the replys. I haven't uncorked my 650 yet, I haven't had much experience with doing engine work on bikes so I am still a little leary of diving in. I think I'll start off slow by rejetting and getting a new air filter.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.