Just Purchased A YZ450FX! Need advice with build list

44 replies to this topic
  • NorCal

Posted August 23, 2016 - 06:30 PM

Alright... GYTR Rad cages, Renthal Twinwalls, ODI grips and Race Tech Springs

are in! Time to strip this thing down and build her back up!

• cowboyona426

Posted August 24, 2016 - 09:18 AM

I bought some ODI grips I need to install as well.  Not to keen on sanding down the bars to get the clutch side to fit but such is life.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YHGEORGE

Posted August 25, 2016 - 09:07 AM

Haven't read each post,,,hope you have a tub of grease for all the bearings. It needs it.

• NorCal

Posted August 26, 2016 - 01:10 PM

I bought some ODI grips I need to install as well.  Not to keen on sanding down the bars to get the clutch side to fit but such is life.

Yeah I swapped bars from my KX450F, so the ODI grips slip on with a few light hits of a dead blow hammer. 

They were a bitch to get off though. 

Haven't read each post,,,hope you have a tub of grease for all the bearings. It needs it.

I greased all the linkages... Compared to my last Yamaha (2006 YZ450F), this 450FX was pretty well greased up

from the factory. Far more grease than I had expected. My 06 was bone dry. 

• NW_drZ

Posted August 26, 2016 - 03:37 PM

I bought some ODI grips I need to install as well. Not to keen on sanding down the bars to get the clutch side to fit but such is life.

My odi grips slipped on fine on the clutch side. Just a little push with my hand and it was on. Bars are the Kx high bends.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.