2014 YZ450 GYTR maps for "FMF FACTORY 4.1 RCT ANODIZED FULL SYSTEM"

15 replies to this topic
  • Ka0sX

Posted August 15, 2016 - 04:50 AM

have been trying a few maps the past couple today not really liking them, They are all made for WR and they don't seem to work well on the YZ I also have FMF FACTORY 4.1 RCT ANODIZED FULL SYSTEM / CARBON END CAP

Any ideas ? Riding conditions hard dirt kinda loose on the top

Edited by Ka0sX, August 15, 2016 - 04:59 AM.

• stevethe

Posted August 15, 2016 - 06:35 AM

The pipe shouldn't make much of any difference in your maps

https://www.google.c...KHdaAAbcQsAQILQ

• Ka0sX

Posted August 15, 2016 - 11:31 PM

have tried dr.lewis map really like it but very hard on gas

Runs great lots of torque and even sounds awesome with my exhaust better then ever 

But how could i change this map to get better on fuel ? 

FI

IG

• TN Dirt Rider

Posted August 16, 2016 - 04:20 AM

I have the MXA map saved, as well as the GYTR maps and the maps developed by the Yamaha Europe's test riders.  I'm currently riding the Europeans map for hard pack, grippy conditions and I like it right now.  The main track I get to ride at is very hard pack with a layer of fine silt on top.

FI

+1  +1  +1

+2  +1  +1

+2  +2  +2

IG

-3  -2  -1

-5  -5  -4

-4  -4  -3

Keep in mind that I'm old and slow.  My '14 has the stock exhaust pipe with an FMF silencer.

Edited by TN Dirt Rider, August 16, 2016 - 04:21 AM.

• Ka0sX

Posted August 16, 2016 - 05:04 AM

I have the MXA map saved, as well as the GYTR maps and the maps developed by the Yamaha Europe's test riders.  I'm currently riding the Europeans map for hard pack, grippy conditions and I like it right now.  The main track I get to ride at is very hard pack with a layer of fine silt on top.

FI

+1  +1  +1

+2  +1  +1

+2  +2  +2

IG

-3  -2  -1

-5  -5  -4

-4  -4  -3

Keep in mind that I'm old and slow.  My '14 has the stock exhaust pipe with an FMF silencer.

How long does a tank last you ?

• TN Dirt Rider

Posted August 16, 2016 - 05:08 AM

How long does a tank last you ?

Honestly I've never pushed it to find out.  I ride this bike 90% at the track, as I have a YZ250 2 stroke that is my woods bike.  I don't ride enough in a day to run through a whole tank of gas, as my body runs out of fuel before the Yamaha does.

• stevethe

Posted August 16, 2016 - 05:15 AM

have tried dr.lewis map really like it but very hard on gas

Runs great lots of torque and even sounds awesome with my exhaust better then ever 

But how could i change this map to get better on fuel ? 

FI

IG

You could obviously lower the fuel numbers a bit. Your best bet is to install a larger tank and never worry about maps again.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 16, 2016 - 05:21 AM

1.40 gallons = 46.8 miles on my 4.5 hour old FX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 16, 2016 - 05:42 AM

I'm not sure how much of a difference a fuel number means to a mile ridden.

• Ka0sX

Posted August 16, 2016 - 02:12 PM

1.40 gallons = 46.8 miles on my 4.5 hour old FX

OK so you get 74 kilometers wow, what map are you using?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 16, 2016 - 02:33 PM

OK so you get 74 kilometers wow, what map are you using?

The map it comes with.

Keep in mind, this is tight, loose, rocky forest, so the throttle is being just cracked on and off continuously, and maybe a 1/2 second long burst of full throttle once every few miles or so to get the front end up and over something, plus some double track.

Even the long uphills are so slippery that you have to short shift and just crack the throttle.

Edited by KRANNIE, August 16, 2016 - 02:36 PM.

• Ka0sX

Posted August 17, 2016 - 12:07 AM

The map it comes with.

Keep in mind, this is tight, loose, rocky forest, so the throttle is being just cracked on and off continuously, and maybe a 1/2 second long burst of full throttle once every few miles or so to get the front end up and over something, plus some double track.

Even the long uphills are so slippery that you have to short shift and just crack the throttle.

Would you be able to read the map from the ecu and get the settings ? would like to try it terrain looks like what i ride

Edited by Ka0sX, August 17, 2016 - 12:09 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 17, 2016 - 04:56 AM

Would you be able to read the map from the ecu and get the settings ? would like to try it terrain looks like what i ride

I can do that, but not at the moment. 

My schedule is packed.

I will see what I can do.

It is my impression that the GYTR tuner when plugged in will read all zeros....since this is the stock FX ecu and map.

• stevethe

Posted August 17, 2016 - 05:33 AM

The stock FX should read all zero's on fuel and timing. But by the time you bump the timing a bit and increase the fuel a bit you likely end up giving it less throttle for the same power resulting in nearly the same gas mileage.

I run nearly all +4's timing on my 16' WR450 with fuel in the 2's to 3's. I haven't noticed much of anything in gas mileage and mine came with all zero's on timing and fuel.

• grayracer513

Posted August 17, 2016 - 01:00 PM

All the stock maps are all zeros, regardless of how different the actual mapping of one model is from the rest of them (and they are very different, many of them). 

• Ka0sX

Posted August 18, 2016 - 04:10 PM

Decided to put it all on 0's and jesus what a difference Bike is so much better to ride and also good on fuel

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.