What is NOT needed? (Wiring)

3 replies to this topic
  • carbonbody

Posted March 17, 2004 - 06:09 AM

I'm building my roadracer with the WR426 engine and I need to know what I can get rid of in the wiring. Looks like I only need the CDI. But... where do I run the kill switch? Do I need the wiring harness for any reason? Do I need the regulator? Do I need a ground?

thanks

• carbonbody

Posted March 19, 2004 - 04:35 AM

nevermind... i figured out i need most of the loom for coil, ground, and off switch. But... do i need the regulator? Not running any powered equipment.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gomopar440

Posted March 19, 2004 - 05:54 AM

Got any pics of the project yet? Sounds cool :D I don't know that I can help with the wiring though but I have converted a few bikes to racers and some racers back to street. It's always trial and error but there is quite a bit of weight to be saved by removing the excess wires completely from the loom, or better yet fabricate a new one from scratch. The parts that usually gave me the most headache were the safety switches (clutch, neutral, sidestand). They can be tricky to sort out without the diagram if you don't have a running bike to start with :). Just keep pluggin away, you'll get it eventually :D

• carbonbody

Posted March 23, 2004 - 04:26 AM

Hey! I found spark, loaded it up and got 2nd! Yes, it was trial and error. I'll post a link for pics soon.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.