2012 WR450F Shorter Throttle Stop

5 replies to this topic
  • Nathh

Posted August 14, 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hey guys,

I bought my bike used and therefore I'm not sure if the previous owner ever installed the shorter throttle stop screw.

I plugged in the tuner and turned the throttle wide open (with the bike turned off) and the throttle position read 76%, does this mean it currently has the stock throttle stop installed?

If so does anyone here know the part number for the shorter one?

I'm aware it comes in the competition kit however I'm located in Australia and our WR's already have the programmable ECU therefore I don't want to buy that kit.

Cheers,

Nath.

• stevethe

Posted August 14, 2016 - 08:32 AM

Probably just remove the throttle cover and look if your getting full throttle.

• 24v

Posted August 14, 2016 - 02:35 PM

If it is anything like my 2016 it is very easily accessible.  Just back the screw out a little at a time and see if the % goes upon the tuner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nathh

Posted August 15, 2016 - 02:19 AM

Does anyone here own a WR with the shorter throttle stop installed and have access to a power tuner to see what their throttle position reads?

You don't need to start the bike, just turn the throttle with it off and the tuner set to monitor.

From what I read I need to atleast pull the exhaust off to access the screw so just thought I'd see if anyone could let me know before I start pulling it apart as it would be a lot easier.

• craig652

Posted August 15, 2016 - 06:28 PM

Does anyone here own a WR with the shorter throttle stop installed and have access to a power tuner to see what their throttle position reads?

You don't need to start the bike, just turn the throttle with it off and the tuner set to monitor.

From what I read I need to atleast pull the exhaust off to access the screw so just thought I'd see if anyone could let me know before I start pulling it apart as it would be a lot easier.

I have the short throttle stop and mine reads 76%, so I would say you have the short screw in already

Edited by craig652, August 15, 2016 - 06:35 PM.

• Nathh

Posted August 15, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Thanks heaps for checking that out for me Craig.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.