wr426 fuel screw moving while riding

3 replies to this topic
  • cupcake2100

Posted August 12, 2016 - 12:04 PM

hey guys my wr426 has been refusing to idle as of late :banghead: , i cleaned the carb and that fixed the problem for a little bit, but after a short ride the bike again refused to idle :foul: . i then was able to get the bike to idle by adjusting the fuel screw on the bottom of the carb, the problem was that every time i would ride the bike and pull in the clutch to stop the idle would be bad and the bike would die unless i turned the screw to make the mixture richer. every time that i stop i have to increase the richness of the fuel. finally i stopped and looked at the fuel mixture screw. i noticed that as the engine vibrated that the screw would turn and make the mixture more lean and that was why my bike refused  to idle. does anyone have a fix for this?

• Pinepig

Posted August 12, 2016 - 01:33 PM

New O-ring

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 12, 2016 - 03:24 PM

Stretch the spring

• DRZ04

Posted August 12, 2016 - 10:09 PM

New O-ring

Stretch the spring

If that does not work I would replace the screw itself. It is suppose to have a small washer between the spring & o-ring. The screw doesn't cost that much.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.