Dirt past the filter using no toil oil

7 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted August 10, 2016 - 03:45 PM

No more No Toil filter oil for me. I am seeing dust in the air boot on my 16' WR450.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 10, 2016 - 04:19 PM

User error

I have never had an issue.

Edited by KRANNIE, August 10, 2016 - 04:20 PM.

• stevethe

Posted August 10, 2016 - 09:47 PM

Are you using no toil and to see it you need to look under the factory screen below the filter.

• Bitteeinbit

Posted August 10, 2016 - 10:08 PM

I've never had any dust as well (and I don't even use grease). Been using no toil on two different bikes. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 11, 2016 - 06:10 AM

Well on the other bikes I haven't seen dirt either. But they take different filters and you can't see into the air boot. I am not running the screen so you can look right into the air boot.

I just put Belray filter oil on the filter and now when you hold the filter to the light you don't see the little holes through the filter.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 11, 2016 - 07:34 AM

Are you using no toil and to see it you need to look under the factory screen below the filter.

Yeah, pull the filter out and wipe the  actual intake tract with a clean paper towel.

Nothing shows up on my towel.

Edited by KRANNIE, August 11, 2016 - 07:35 AM.

• stevethe

Posted August 11, 2016 - 08:53 AM

Yeah, pull the filter out and wipe the  actual intake tract with a clean paper towel.

Nothing shows up on my towel.

Humph. Mines not working.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 11, 2016 - 09:05 AM

Humph. Mines not working.

Is the air cleaner going back inside the bike after you take it out?

Is it going in convex or concave?

Did you rember to put oil on the actual filter, not just show the bottle of oil to the filter ?

Is the motor running backwards, sucking dirt in through the exhaust?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.