PCT trail in Big Bear

Nah once you are paralyzed you virtually feel nothing. Im sure he "wheeled" it off in his new wheelchair.

And the other stuff plus his backpack and fannie pack and fender bags, shroud bags, handlebar bag, a tool kit that has 246 different tools in it 4 gallons of water in case his choke gets left on and nobody can figure it out, a sleeping bag, because solo, etc..

You got me there. One of the more dumb shit moves on my part. 325+ lb bike and 40lb backpack about killed me on BBR!!

The choke left on was another guys POS 450 KTM we rode out of Redonda Ridge.

• Like 2

You got me there. One of the more dumb shit moves on my part. 325+ lb bike and 40lb backpack about killed me on BBR!!

The choke left on was another guys POS 450 KTM we rode out of Redonda Ridge.

I know, I just think its absolutely hilarious that nobody realized it, I can tell a bike has the choke on just by how it sounds/and idles or lack of doing so..

For those of you who have not done it, there are some really cool portions of the PCT in Big Bear that hardly anyone has ever ridden. Most of the good stuff drops you right down into the meadows just East of Deep Creek. If anyone needs GPS coordinates just let me know. I have tracks of really cool stuff. There is one section a few years back that takes you right up to some beaver dams. Not sure if the dams are still there. 

The entrance to one portion is here:

N34° 17.650' W116° 53.400'

It's blocked with rocks and branches. Just tread lightly to trail entrance. I'm not worried about it being overridden as there is a lot of nasty off camber stuff that most people bail to old jeep trails. 

I've been marking the entrance to a lot of really cool stuff North of the lake last few months. Just let me know where you want to ride and I probably have a track. This is not to be confused with the Brutal Big Bear Run tracks. Same over ridden shit year after year. These are little jewels that I have either made or found by exploring off the roads. Almost all of them drop down into the meadows.

These are legal trails that are not marked with fence or "No OHV" signs.

Since when has it been legal to ride Pacific Crest Trails?

Edited by Chas_M

I could not believe it either. BTW, it ran just as shitty with the choke off. Also had to put the choke on just to start it even when hot. That KTM had way more issues than just the choke left on.

Then he apparently had a dirty pilot jet and an unmaintained bike. Perfect for a long trailride....

Since when has it been legal to ride Pacific Crest Trails?

DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

• Like 1