Anyone have to raise their shift lever?

5 replies to this topic
  • Stefe9999

Posted March 16, 2004 - 04:47 PM

I find that with my size 12 tech 8's that it is difficult to get my toe under the lever to upshift. But when you try to move the lever up, it only goes up a-lot! So far that it hits the countersprocket guard.

Besides lowering the footpegs and removing the countersprocket guard, has anyone else solved/had this problem??

• Hamish

Posted March 16, 2004 - 08:58 PM

I had the same trouble with my size 12 hoof, but had no trouble moving the shift lever up one tooth. My only problem is the brake lever. At the end of it's adjustment the lever is in an ok position, but I plan to lower the pegs which will put me in a spot of bother.

• jerryls

Posted March 17, 2004 - 08:19 AM

Same problem here. You could try the free footpeg mod. That would be the equivalent of raising the shift lever about an inch. But then you're still left with the rear brake lever too high. Am I just retarded, or is there some other way to get the rear brake level lower? Mine is as low as the adjuster will allow, but its still only even with the top of the footpeg.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted March 17, 2004 - 08:44 AM

this shift tip allows more finite changes, check it out.

• JVP

Posted March 18, 2004 - 07:33 AM

I had to raise my Shift lever after I bought a new pair of Boots (AXO RC6).

• BEAN329

Posted March 19, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I took a aftermarket MSR shifter and bent it to my liking.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.