bodywork xr600 fit xr650L ????

2 replies to this topic
  • drzwill

Posted March 16, 2004 - 04:30 PM

I have a buddy who just bought one of those white 650L and he wants to put red plastic and possibly a plastic tank on it. Will the XR600 plastic and tank fit. If so he can then save alot of money by buying aftermarket or even maybe e-bay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AzMtnThumper

Posted March 16, 2004 - 08:39 PM

I don't think the tank off a XR600 will fit a 650L (I think they mount different in the front) but the right side panel and front fender might be the same. I think the 650L left side panel has more width (bulges out more to accomodate the tool kit holder). IMS and Clarke make aftermarket gas tanks for the 650L

• Dual_Dog

Posted March 17, 2004 - 05:42 AM

Will the XR600 plastic and tank fit.

Tank will definitely NOT fit. Right side panel will. Left side panel won't, larger to accommodate the battery & fuse box. Front fender should. Get the Clarke 4.0 in red if yoru're trying to change colors. Well-made & fits like factory.

Some people have had limited success painting their plastic. The paint needs to be like a vinyl-type undercoating, flexible and durable.

I like my white plastic on my 98. Looks sharp, especially with the white Clarke 4.0, Maier tail light, Acerbis fork/disc guards, Renthals... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.