- - - - -

I never see any 2010-2013 YZ 450s at the track

• Please sign in to reply

5 replies to this topic
  • thsp485

TT Gold Member

1,133 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 08:24 PM

I don't really know how many of these Yamaha sold, and I know they were supposedly unbreakable, but I just have not seen ANY of these bikes at any of my local MX tracks over the last two years.  I visit tracks here in IN / IL and I just cannot recall seeing one around.  It would seem that, with their reliability and power, plus the fact that they are not cherished, therefore, should be available for a good price, it would seem like these would be solid choices for guys wanting a 450 but not wanting a turd or an overpriced brand.  Surely a guy could buy a clean, low-hour 2010-2011 for less than $3k and ride it for a long time.  Anybody else find this to be true at your local tracks?

• billygildark5007

TT Bronze Member

484 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 08:51 PM

Not here in San Diego, I see more and more every time.

• mikedabike

TT Gold Member

1,403 posts

Posted August 07, 2016 - 02:26 PM

I see a few but not tons. But I really do not pay to kuch attention to what everyone else rides.

• Rogerson Motorsports

TT Newbie

20 posts

Posted August 07, 2016 - 04:59 PM

I see one once in a while, and there are one or two on CL in my area from time to time when guys go for a newer bike or go back to two strokes. I have one sitting in my garage that I really like, it was bought pretty cheap from original owner and bone stock. I have since then done several mods and have grown to love it and will never sell it. I have too much time and money invested in searching for a good set up to ever sell it to only get maybe 3k for it. I agree with you that it makes sense to look for these because of their reliability and the price of them used because most people have been told or read about how awful they are so they either start looking for a different brand or get a newer yzf.

• mxrider4life847

TT Member

79 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 08, 2016 - 03:37 PM

Interesting point. I actually see more of them in the woods than I do at the mx tracks. Really starting to see A LOT of yz250x show up too.

• cpetz24

TT Bronze Member

420 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 06:59 AM

I made my 2011 into a woods bike.  On wide open GNCC style races, it is ridiculous! So much power and once you've got them set up the SSS stuff does great even in stock trim.  In the real tight stuff a rekluse would be nice, but its doable.  Put it on a track, and you still have that power and the SSS stuff works well, although could be stiffened up.  I've seen a few at woods races, but you're right I haven't seen too many at the tracks.  

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.