YZ OR WR?

What do you think a guy should have a YZ or a WR 426. I ride desert and woods,occasionaly some track riding and jumping,{when I feel youthful enough}.My ego says get the YZ and the more mature side says get the"enduro"..Just thought I would pose the Question to Ya...Thanks

WR

------------------

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Coming off of two yz,s 400&426. A headlight can be a good thing. If you are not racing strictly motocross get the WR. I've spent entirely too much money putting a headlight on my YZ and still don't have it working right.There i've said it, i must be getting old and slow to have said that, NOTTTTTT.

night ride's rule,huge

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

Buy the WR. It is easier to make the WR YZ like than the YZ WR like. ?

Excuse me while I crash this WR love fest with some YZ perspective, but that is crazy. To make my YZ “WR-like” all I need is a lighting coil and headlight. Oh, I forgot, I also need to plug the exhaust, enclose the airbox, replace the alum. subframe with a steel one, and put a few gallons of gas in my lap. I don’t think it is supposed to go there. Do a search on the words “wanted: YZ tank/seat” and you will see that others share this sentiment.

Then I need to call up John Deere and order a three point hitch so I can plow the back forty with my new “granny” first gear. First, and sometimes second, are way too low for my riding (dez, no trees or other fixed objects to collide with/maneuver around). I wouldn’t mind having the WR fifth though…

As for the “enduro” thing, I refuse to buy a bike with a headlight, because that is sure to prompt me to ride at night, and I have a hard enough time staying upright when I can see where I’m going.

I won’t mention the throttle stop and extra $$, as those are easily dealt with (my bud, who lives in Denver, just paid $5,500 OTD for a WR in Las Cruces, NM, BTW. That whole Supply Demand thing I guess).

Seriously though, the only difference not easily changed between the two is the gearbox, so you should select the model based on that. Since you ride tight woods I would agree that you made the right choice.

So congratulations CO Jim, but you don’t you have some work to do? (like remove throttle stop, uncork silencer, agonize over airbox lid and its jetting implications, post request for YZ seat/tank, ponder the effects of YZ timing, post requests for YZ pipes, order YZ needles….)

:D

I'm with Hick! The YZ has a huge edge in the weight, cornering, handling, etc. I don't seem to be as tired at the end of the day as my buddy is on his wr. Only drawback on the YZ in the woods is that it is a little stiff on the suspension and you should drop to a 13 on the front sprocket. Both are easily changed with very little $. Did I mention that the YZ can then convert to the MX track and rip? All around bike...buy the YZ!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys guys, I think you are missing one of the key features of the WR,,,,,, The Kick stand!! I hate foraging for rocks, sticks and trees to keep my MX bikes up while I sit for a cold one, all the quad guys I ride with call me McGiver! what the hell do you do with it in the desert? Just pea from the seat? Really though the WR is 11 pounds heavy to the YZ, not really a factor, I think my boots weight that much dry! Give me the gear box to climb trees, and the tall #5 to whoop on the Banshee's and Raptors on the flats. Now only if that Grizzly dude would get out of the way,,, and take the quad with You!

<marquee>Mooooooove Over!!!!!!!<marquee>