No time to ride

7 replies to this topic
  • daytripper63

Posted March 16, 2004 - 03:03 PM

I am thinking about selling my 02 WR426 I only ride about once every 3 months bought bike Nov 02 and has 330 miles on odometer bike has 450 decomp cam skid plates frame guards 2 sets of Tag bars extra D.I.D. chain extra tires extra rear wheel complete with sprocket disc and paddle tire extra tubes front and rear extra grips bark busters I ride so little I cant even remember all the extras I have. Misc. fluids and lubes tools,stock rear spring and spring for my a$$ 220lbs etc :)

• ddialogue

Posted March 16, 2004 - 05:01 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. It's not worth the money you've put into it if you're not going to ride it, that's for sure. I've got a buddy that bought a YZ250F and rode it three times last year. What a waste. I say sell it and make someone very happy....OR, you could just ride more. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 17, 2004 - 01:17 AM

I have the exact opposite issue. I have not time to clean the bike with a tooth brush. :) I just ride the hell out of my bike and do the basic service. :D Boy would it be nice to have a clean shinning bike with beautiful sexy graphics. :D I have resolved myself to just riding my blue war pig into the ground. I love my WR450. :D The bike can just do anything and go anywhere you want without complaints!

• ogrebelle

Posted March 18, 2004 - 11:53 AM

I think you love your bike more when you ride it into the ground anyway. You should see my old '82 RM250...she's just a shell of her former self, but boy do I love her. I have more fond memories on that bike than any other. I have vowed to bring her back someday. Maybe this is her year :).
Doug

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 18, 2004 - 12:34 PM

I am thinking about selling my 02 WR426 I only ride about once every 3 months bought bike Nov 02 and has 330 miles on odometer bike has 450 decomp cam skid plates frame guards 2 sets of Tag bars extra D.I.D. chain extra tires extra rear wheel complete with sprocket disc and paddle tire extra tubes front and rear extra grips bark busters I ride so little I cant even remember all the extras I have. Misc. fluids and lubes tools,stock rear spring and spring for my a$$ 220lbs etc :D

If you sell it, pm me with a price. I'm in Roseville and would be interested :)

• gfergtr74

Posted March 18, 2004 - 07:22 PM

I would be interested in there extra wheel and padle if you do sell. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 18, 2004 - 08:43 PM

Sorry if I jumped the gun, I know what your going through. I had a old KDX that sat for two years, I finally sold it and two days later I was missing not having a bike. Within a week I bought the first offroad bike I saw in the paper and started riding again. I would suggest that you keep the bike, someday you will have the time. :)

• daytripper63

Posted March 19, 2004 - 07:30 AM

I hate seeing it just sit in garage although when I do get out (once every three or four months, last ride was November) I have a blast.
With paddle tire at Pismo power is psycho (gotta love it) Could not get 5th wide open although 4th wide open was fast enough.
And if anyone is interested in what happens when a Seagull hits you square in the chest in 4th gear, Immediate ejection and thank god for chest protectors they spread out the impact and it still hurt like heck...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.