YZ426 chain options

3 replies to this topic
  • toten

Posted August 02, 2016 - 05:51 AM

It looks like my YZ needs a chain before too long. It's a supermoto, so width is at a premium (although the current non O ring chain doesn't seem to rub). What's a good option? Are there O/X ring chains skinny enough to work?

• grayracer513

Posted August 02, 2016 - 06:32 AM

My absolute favorite chain is the Regina ORN-6.  I get 18-24 months of service from them on a dirt bike, and they usually stiffen or wear the tops/bottoms of the plates down before they stretch enough to warrant replacement.  Priced very competitively with other premium chains, too.

If you prefer rivet type masters, the ORS-6 is the same thing with the different link.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toten

Posted August 02, 2016 - 07:44 AM

How wide are they? 

• grayracer513

Posted August 02, 2016 - 03:12 PM

The pin length of the ORN6 is 20.4mm.  Not really wider than some non-sealed chains.  The ORS6 is, for whatever reason, slightly wider at 21.2mm pin length.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.