• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:16 AM

Steve?

Bueller?

• stevethe

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:40 AM

Steve?

Bueller?

About like this one. However I also got a used one that was a tad longer. Both worked. http://www.thumperta...o-lighting-kit/

Edited by stevethe, August 01, 2016 - 08:40 AM.

• finbike

Posted August 06, 2016 - 09:46 PM

Steve?

Bueller?

1470548161663.jpg

An other option is to make a plateholder yourself from an aluminium plate. The fender is quite thin and flimsy so it's better if the fastening points extend more to the front of the bike. That way the fender dont flap up and down as much. Even better would be to get an extention to where the aluminium backframe and fender is atatched together.

Edited by finbike, August 06, 2016 - 10:18 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 07, 2016 - 06:33 AM

I have decided to make one out thick rubber-plastic.

Kind of like an old car tire carcass.

I found the material on line, but cannot figure out what it is called or where to get it.....yet.

• Pinepig

Posted August 07, 2016 - 07:54 AM

I made one out of a tub for mixing sheetrock paste I picked up at Lowes for 6 bucks.

I just cut a big  piece out of the tub and then pulled the tail light cover.and cut a tab with a couple of notches in it to go around the two screw bosses to lock it in place.  The fit should be TIGHT if not oversized for the next step.

It's a weird shape in the pocket so I heated up my new part in the area that would sit in the pocket with a small torch ( till the plastic is shiny and floppy ). Quickly clamp it all together ( or screw it back on ) with the piece you made sandwiched between the lower cover and the tail light and wait for it to cool.  Adjust the angle of the plate holder by hand as it cools to get a angle you are happy with.  Use a rag soaked in cold water to shorten the process.

I left the " plate " part oversized and then trimmed it up once I mounted the plate to make sure it was straight.

First pic is the rough setup with the tub ( and it's missing piece ) on the floor to the left.

Second pic is mounted and done.

The material the tub is made out of is perfect for this,  just enough give to move ( hell you can fold it completely under the fender ) but it doesn't flop around while riding. 

IMG_20160122_192825_zpsy3jlrj8k.jpg

IMG_20160128_120328_zpsqxzaqknb.jpg

Edited by Pinepig, August 07, 2016 - 08:02 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 07, 2016 - 10:12 AM

Yeah kinda like that

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2Speed

Posted August 16, 2016 - 06:52 AM

I just got my Ryco plate holder yesterday, It's way nicer than I anticipated. I'm just now getting around to plating my 2016 WR (busy summer) and this was a must have. After screwing around trying to fabricate something, I decided to bite the bullet and order this. It comes with all the correct hardware, nylocks, etc. Worth every penny of the $60!

Bracket:

PLATE1.JPG

PLATE2.JPG

Mock-up with turn signals. The holes are pre-drilled:

PLATE3.JPG

With included Delrin back plate:

BACKPLATE.JPG

• vanxr

Posted August 16, 2016 - 08:12 AM

I just got my Ryco plate holder yesterday, It's way nicer than I anticipated. I'm just now getting around to plating my 2016 WR (busy summer) and this was a must have. After screwing around trying to fabricate something, I decided to bite the bullet and order this. It comes with all the correct hardware, nylocks, etc. Worth every penny of the $60!

Bracket:

attachicon.gifPLATE1.JPG

attachicon.gifPLATE2.JPG

Mock-up with turn signals. The holes are pre-drilled:

attachicon.gifPLATE3.JPG

With included Delrin back plate:

attachicon.gifBACKPLATE.JPG

Yes they do LOOK good.  Unfortunately, the angle is wrong.  One time bottoming and the plate will catch the rear tire and tear it off.  Both my buddy and I bought one and both of us had the same issue.  The new WRs fenders are "floppier" than previous models.

• stevethe

Posted August 16, 2016 - 08:28 AM

I haven't lost mine yet on my 16'. But I bolted it through with stainless button head bolts.

• tomerb

Posted August 16, 2016 - 09:28 AM

My Delrin back plate broke and I lost my plate. Drill holes in your plate and bolt it to the aluminum bracket.

• finbike

Posted August 16, 2016 - 09:51 AM

The 16 fender is definetly not designed to hold something more than its own weight. Flopps up and down like crazy when your driving behind in whooppie sections.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 16, 2016 - 09:53 AM

The 16 fender is definetly not designed to hold something more than its own weight. Flopps up and down like crazy when your driving behind in whooppie sections.

That's why I have decided against the Ryco bracket for off road, and am making one out of renforced rubber.

• RockerYZWR

Posted August 18, 2016 - 05:02 AM

I made mine out of a piece of aluminum, might have been about $5 or so. It's held up great with mostly off road use, and with the integrated blinkers in the tail light ($15 on ebay), is definitely minimalist.

0818160747a_HDR_edit_1471524828900.jpg
0818160749_HDR.jpg
0818160748_HDR.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.