GPR V4 steering stabilizer

8 replies to this topic
  • JDemp07

Posted July 31, 2016 - 04:24 PM

Anyone use one of these? I see a lot of Scotts but this is 100.00 cheaper  

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 31, 2016 - 04:57 PM

The GPR damper dampens in both directions, which is great for high speed racing, but not so good for anything else...

• The Hedgehog

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:29 PM

I use a GPR 4. I read all of the arguments and talked to people who had both. I have tried both.

I have ridden a Scotts on the rocks in Maine and mine in the mountains of Tn. I like the lower height of the GPR.

If I had to do it all over again.....I would get another GPR for my situation.

• The Hedgehog

Posted August 02, 2016 - 05:21 AM

For the record, my decision was driven largely by height. I am 5,9" which is not short but with a 30" inseam I notice taller bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hedgehog

Posted August 02, 2016 - 05:31 AM

The GPR damper dampens in both directions, which is great for high speed racing, but not so good for anything else...

Side question. I have read you have a good bit of experience with KTM's. The 300 I rode felt tall. I am not sure if that was at the seat of that the foot pegs seemed higher. I know the WR technically has a higher seat height. We can talk seats and sag but my question is do they indeed feel taller or am I picking up on a more cramped riding position?

Overall I liked it........but not enough to buy it. I mostly liked the weight.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 02, 2016 - 05:32 AM

Side question. I have read you have a good bit of experience with KTM's. The 300 I rode felt tall. I am not sure if that was at the seat of that the foot pegs seemed higher. I know the WR technically has a higher seat height. We can talk seats and sag but my question is do they indeed feel taller or am I picking up on a more cramped riding position?

Overall I liked it........but not enough to buy it. I mostly liked the weight.

It's not taller, but the pegs are higher and the bars are closer.

• knuckleduster271

Posted August 02, 2016 - 03:36 PM

I just bought a gpr v4 stabilizer kit on ebay for my 07 wr450-
The kit is supposedly for an 09 yz- i called gpr before i bought it and they verified that it will fit my 07 wr450f.
If anybody's looking its a smokin deal on them- i got mine on a best offer for $260- nib. He has 3 more left it says-

http://www.ebay.com/...v1Xj9dp&vxp=mtr

Edited by knuckleduster271, August 02, 2016 - 03:37 PM.

• knuckleduster271

Posted August 13, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Got the gpr in the other day and attempted to install it- evidently the triple clamps are different from yz to wr because the distance from the upper clamp nut to the stabilizer mount bolts is to much- hopefully gpr will cut me a deal on the right mount for my wr since they assured me the yz unit would fit without issue.

• knuckleduster271

Posted August 15, 2016 - 10:21 AM

Got the gpr in the other day and attempted to install it- evidently the triple clamps are different from yz to wr because the distance from the upper clamp nut to the stabilizer mount bolts is to much- hopefully gpr will cut me a deal on the right mount for my wr since they assured me the yz unit would fit without issue.

Gotta say, gpr is a stand up company- they next day aired me the right bar mount for my wr-no charge- just a gentleman's agreement that i send them the bar mount that came with the kit i purchased (they even included a label to mail it back).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.