power up kit

9 replies to this topic
  • uw153

Posted March 16, 2004 - 10:58 AM

Is there a power up kit part number from Honda??? My dealer has no idea what I'm talking about. "Imagine that" :)

• Winkel

Posted March 16, 2004 - 03:31 PM

If you are talking about the basic jet kit, opened up exhaust tip, and new carburetor boot, it can be done very inexpensively. You can buy the jet kit on e-bay for about $15.00 including shipping, and the rest you can do with some simple tools. There are several articles on how to do this. Mine took only a couple of hours, with the exhaust tip being the most time consuming. Look for "Making the XR650R run right". E-mail me if you have any questions.
Good Luck!

Winkel

• jstevens

Posted March 16, 2004 - 04:12 PM

My buddie went through the exact same thing when he went to the local dealership and asked for the powerup kit. In a nutshell you need to get them to order it from a place like Baja Designs out in Cali. It' does exist and Honda I believe does have a part number for it.

:)

• irondude

Posted March 16, 2004 - 05:24 PM

i have the part numbers but they are on another computer-i got them from one of the other 650 websites.- I think you can find the numbers on either the yahoo site, or www.xr650r.us
Its available. Service Honda probably can help you out as well.

• jws

Posted March 16, 2004 - 05:48 PM

try..........

http://www.qsl.net/n...ing the brp.htm

jeff :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted March 16, 2004 - 06:07 PM

Irondude,

I thought you had your bike bored to 680??

• RidesRed

Posted March 16, 2004 - 06:47 PM

The "HRC power-up kit" consists of a high compression piston, a high lift camshaft, and several pieces to reinforce the camdrive and clutch assemblies. This kit is available from from HRC (honda racing corporation), and runs about $1200 dollars retail. I have seen it for hundreds less at various internet sites. Try Service Honda (you'll have to call them, its not easy to find the kit on thier web-site). I tried to find a part number for the HRC kit, but had no luck. I have service hondas number..its 219-932-9332. I have always had the best service from a dude called "pooh". Ask for him, he will get you hooked up.

• irondude

Posted March 16, 2004 - 07:39 PM

or try here--a list of the part numbers for the power up kit options...

http://www.xr650r.us...ech/HRC Kit.png

2000-no i considered the 680 kit, and the 715 kit, and the Ross 11.5:1 but in the end i figured the dependability of the OEM piston is the most important thing--i race 200-300 miles a month (sometimes triple that!)--and lots more in pre-running and periodic Baja tours, fun rides, etc...so i needed a piston that would last 6 months (or more) at a time. The 680 kit just isnt proven--and there is some debate about the Wiesco piston. I might try a Ross 11:1, but really--i have the power and suspension dialed on that bike--its the weight thats killing me. Those KTM's pass me after mile 125-150 every race! CRF450X-i need you!

• uw153

Posted March 17, 2004 - 02:21 AM

Thank's guys but my dream is over. The whole deal was a fella was going to buy my XRL but he decided not too. So I guess I'm still stuck with my BRACP.

• Ed_Buratti

Posted March 23, 2004 - 05:58 AM

BRACP?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.