Protaper bars & clickers

3 replies to this topic
  • jerryls

Posted March 16, 2004 - 10:40 AM

I just put some oversized protapers on my bike, and they make it impossible to get to the top clickers. Is there a special tool for this, or do I need to remove the bar to adjust the clickers?

• oldbones

Posted March 17, 2004 - 06:02 AM

You must have changed triple clamps or something, huh? With the stock triple clamp, some fat bar adapters, and Pro-Tapers, I can still get to the clickers and bleeders easily. What did you do different?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted March 17, 2004 - 07:54 AM

I neglected to mention that I changed the top triple clamp as well. I found a tool from Storm called a "quicker clicker" that's supposed to fit in there. Anyone used one of them?

• sabin

Posted March 17, 2004 - 11:45 AM

i changed a little bit my forks position in the tripple clamp(down) and now it is reachable.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.