2014 WR 450 verses 2016 YZ 450FX Starting issues

5 replies to this topic
  • mikenash

Posted July 28, 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hope this makes sense I have had my wr 450 new since 2014 which starts just ok some times it's a hit or a miss cold or hot never starts on the first try. I just rode my buddies 2015 YZ 450fx and it starts all time on the first try cold or hot. I did notice that the start button is different than the one on my 2014 WR not sure if they have up graded or not. The reason for bringing this up is I am going to sell my wr and I thinking either a new WR or FX I would have to make the FX street legal which isn't a problem. Just would like some feedback and if anyone else has had this problem as well.Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 28, 2016 - 05:09 PM

On your WR you need to adjust the CO levels and change the map, if you want it to start normally.

The FX is 100% start every time goodness.

• Turd Ferguson Sr.

Posted July 28, 2016 - 07:21 PM

On your WR you need to adjust the CO levels and change the map, if you want it to start normally.

The FX is 100% start every time goodness.

What do you have your CO set at and what map are you running?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • avlisj

Posted July 28, 2016 - 07:23 PM

What do you have your CO set at and what map are you running?

Thought the maps only kicked in after 2000rpm??

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 28, 2016 - 07:48 PM

Right, that is why you need an FI analyzer, so you can adjust the 'idle' and 'transition' map AF.

I don't have the first gen WR FI. 

Tons of posts on the specific subjet.

• mikenash

Posted July 29, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the quick responses. Sorry I left out a major piece of the puzzle my bad. FMF slip on and comp ECU and mapped FMF. Never adjusted the CO. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.