12-15 WR450 Key and button

3 replies to this topic
  • numan

Posted July 26, 2016 - 10:18 AM

Has anyone wired in one of SICASS's keys into their bikes? Were you like me and thought that would get rid of the button because you didn't read the whole description?  If you aren't can you tell me how to ditch the button and only use the key? As it works now, the key basically acts as the kill switch is being held down. the button still controls the lights and speedo. I want the key to control everything. thoughts?

• MXJunky

Posted August 07, 2016 - 11:20 AM

If Balki were here he'd say "Don't be ridiculous".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 07, 2016 - 03:01 PM

You would need to add a Relay, and wire in the key to replace the button.

You would need a second relay if you want  the lights to stop working with the motor off, key on or off.

• knuckleduster271

Posted August 08, 2016 - 08:41 AM

on my 07- I just bought a 2 wire key switch from ebay- i think it was for a ttr or something. Iirc the button is just a two wire toggle switch- simple to do

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.