Dunlop D773?

9 replies to this topic
  • teamtoxic

Posted April 01, 2002 - 06:54 AM

I'm looking into a fresh set of nobbies for the new season. I've always used the Dunlop D752s and I've liked them fairly well. I now see on Dunlop's site that they have a new D773 tire on the market. They claim it's a more tractable and a better tire in general than both the D752 and D755.
I ride in mostly sandy conditions but I see a lot of hard pack too. Michigan. :) Is it a GOOD all-around tire? How is it compared to the D752 or D755?

What's your thoughts?

Thanx

TT

• jlewis

Posted April 01, 2002 - 08:18 AM

This tire is unbelieveable!
It does everything the 752 does but it has more control in turning and especially under braking. Hook up, don't even ask? The wear is as good, maybe a little better, less chunking than the 752. Strange especially with such a tall knob.

JIMMY

• Ga426owner

Posted April 01, 2002 - 09:02 AM

It is a awesome sand/loamy condition tire. Hard pack will wear it out very quick.

• bassr_#186

Posted April 01, 2002 - 09:59 AM

The Dunlop 756 is the most versatile tire I have ever used. Great in soft to intermediate conditions and not too bad on hard pack. Great tire when track conditions change (as they always do) throughout the day.

• kfrosty

Posted April 02, 2002 - 09:43 AM

I hate to break the trend but I would suggest you try a Michelin. A Starcross MS-2 for sand and loamy conditions. I use mine as well in hard pack but the MH-2 is supposed to be more suited for Intermediate to hard but the MS-2 works fine for me. Also, it seems to be a better lasting tire than the Dunlops.

I haven't tried the 773's, but I ran mostly the 756's last year. I don't even see a comparison between the 756 and the MS 2. Also for medium and hardpack you might try the M-12.

I've seen a couple of diehard Dunlop riders at the race track around here making the change after giving the Michelins a shot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 02, 2002 - 10:03 PM

I bought my last set from Firestone

here is the link
http://www.firestone...r/rtr_rat23.asp

These are sooooooo smooooth

• icbush

Posted April 02, 2002 - 06:31 PM

hey try a bridgestone 402 great tire had one on a 520sx it dug like crazy in all conditions

• IBWFO

Posted April 03, 2002 - 04:00 AM

We are big fans of the 756's, but just bought a set of Michelins. We heard the 773's were an awesome tire in the loam, but had some "skating" issues when they got on hard-packed.
I am going to mount the Mich's today for Friday night racing. We will let ya know.

D

• teamtoxic

Posted April 03, 2002 - 05:50 PM

I think I'll try this one, suggested by Ego. :) Posted Image

Well, maybe not. :D

I'd like to try all these tires, but I'm in high school so money doesn't come real easy. I've thought about where I ride a lot lately and I now think I should opt for an intermediate tire more so than a soft terrain tire.

What width are you running with the Michelins? The M-12 does look appealing and sounds like a good all around tire at a reasonable price. I was just checkin it out on RockyMC's site but they don't have the 110/90x19 listed. I'd like to order from them due to their good prices.

I'm sure the MH2 is a good tire too, but it looks to me like it actually has too many knobs and wouldn't clean out very well. I could be wrong.

Let me know what you think

Thanks for all your responses

TT

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: teamtoxic ]

• teamtoxic

Posted April 04, 2002 - 06:33 AM

This morning I searched the TT database on tires and I seemed to read a lot about the Michelin S-12s. My Dad called his buddy/owner of Magic Racing a.k.a. Mr. X and this is the tire he suggested over the M-12. $62 for the rear and $47 for the front, then our discount taken off that. I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a good one!

Thanx again for all your comments.

TT

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.