Big Feet Small Shifter

4 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 01, 2002 - 04:56 AM

Anyone have any luck swapping the shifter out or getting a shifter that is more adjustable.

My foot is big, Thats why I get it stuck in my "A*&" or my mouth half the time :)

But I like to adjust the shifter to sit higher then where my foot rests on the peg. The YZ does not give me that luxury.

Before I start looking for stare and compare shifters thougt I would see if anyone else has had and fixed the same problem... :D

• thumper4life

Posted April 01, 2002 - 09:03 AM

ummm, what size you wear? :) i got size 14 tech 8's and i can shift fine and dandy, braking is another story though :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 01, 2002 - 09:15 AM

11 I just get hung up on the shifter causing the dang thing to miss shift and all

• mikeolichney

Posted April 02, 2002 - 08:52 PM

You might try lowboy version of the Evolution pegs, they will move you back and down. If you are big this might open up the ergos for you as well as solving the shifting issue.

http://www.mountains...stway/footpegs/

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 03, 2002 - 05:18 AM

mikeolichney
Thanks for the link
:) 219 bucks
Man for that my wife will tell me to cut my toes off first :D

I think what I will do is find a shifter from another bike, Steel and mold it to my liking.

My style of ride I set my arch center on the peg, this forces my shoe tip on top of or under the shifter. On Woops or standup riding I tend to hit that shifter and sometimes bad things happen....

Thanks for all the replies

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.