What's an excellent running engine worth?

4 replies to this topic
  • PNW_XR

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:15 PM

I am considering parting out my WR426. I want some parts off it myself, and think it's worth more in pieces than whole considering all the aftermarket stuff. I don't know what the market is for the engine. I figured I would let the prospective engine buyer ride the bike first, then after selling the motor I will scavenge what I want then sell the rest off.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:33 PM

$1200 Complete with ignition and carb

Rolling chassis  $600

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PNW_XR

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:35 PM

$1200 Complete with ignition and carb

Rolling chassis  $600

Thanks. I want to keep the carb and fiddle around with it on my piggy wiggy. I'd sell the ignition with it, so what do you think minus carb?

Edited by PNW_XR, July 19, 2016 - 04:35 PM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:57 PM

Minus $250-300 from what I've found.

• PNW_XR

Posted July 19, 2016 - 05:14 PM

Thanks, fellas. I put it up for sale for $1,000. If I can get that then it's worth it to me to part the bike out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.