Metal Radiator Guards

5 replies to this topic
  • SamT

Posted July 19, 2016 - 10:19 AM

Hey all. I have a 2002 WR426 that I greatly abuse. One thing I would like to do is not have to buy radiator plastics again, does anyone know anything about some metal radiator guards? Whenever I have a nasty crash, which seems to be happening less :D, my radiator shrouds get a little more chipped and my radiators get pushed in a little more. Some more protection would definitely be nice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :D

• Still Bill

Posted July 19, 2016 - 10:44 AM

Yes, they are great!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 19, 2016 - 11:21 AM

Hey all. I have a 2002 WR426 that I greatly abuse. One thing I would like to do is not have to buy radiator plastics again, does anyone know anything about some metal radiator guards? Whenever I have a nasty crash, which seems to be happening less :D, my radiator shrouds get a little more chipped and my radiators get pushed in a little more. Some more protection would definitely be nice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :D

Radiator braces

Radiator protectors

Radiator shrouds

All different things.

Tip over protection

Rock protection

Costmetics and air flow

Mohard racing makes a brace/protector that is the best for protection and support

Your shrouds just get marred, and you replace them when you can't stand to look at them anymore.

Edited by KRANNIE, July 19, 2016 - 11:22 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SamT

Posted July 19, 2016 - 02:24 PM

Radiator braces

Radiator protectors

Radiator shrouds

All different things.

Tip over protection

Rock protection

Costmetics and air flow

Mohard racing makes a brace/protector that is the best for protection and support

Your shrouds just get marred, and you replace them when you can't stand to look at them anymore.

Hm. Maybe I'm getting cheap plastic, they bust for me. Left a fair share of shards on the trails.

• WR CT

Posted July 28, 2016 - 05:27 PM

I installed B&B off-road rad gaurds on my wr. Easy to install.....seem solid. Haven't truly tested them yet

• Pooley

Posted July 28, 2016 - 06:12 PM

...Mohard racing makes a brace/protector that is the best for protection and support...

Any idea if the listed models also fit a WR426?  I have no idea of the fitment between the 426 and the newer bikes.  

I have a brace/protector that is OK, but I've never been quite happy with the fit.  I think it was from Flatland Racing.  The brace extends back to the top motor mount and rubs my IMS YZ tank quite badly.  I've had to pound/bend/stretch the aluminum to make it fit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.