Anybody use fuel injector cleaner in their efi yzs?

11 replies to this topic
  • colerlone

Posted July 17, 2016 - 01:49 PM

Just curious, i thouggt about trying a bit

• YHGEORGE

Posted July 17, 2016 - 02:17 PM

Sea Foam. :thumbsup:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 17, 2016 - 02:51 PM

Just curious, i thouggt about trying a bit

You run the risk of reducing lubrication to the pump, if you start putting in lighter density solvents (what FI cleaners are)

It's not just the injector nozzle that needs to be serviced, it's the pump, the pump regulator, the pump filter, the nozzle, and the throttle body sensors.

Usually, cleaning the pump filter, and cycle cleaning the injector is all you need to do.

Search YZ or KTM injector cleaning on Youtube

Use PRI-G or Torco products to reduce ethanol damage to the fuel....

• JoeRC51

Posted July 17, 2016 - 03:06 PM

The Lucas Oil fuel treatment is also a lubricant.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 17, 2016 - 06:12 PM

" tune up in a bottle "

• gardwadt

Posted July 17, 2016 - 06:31 PM

Maverick is selling ethanol free fuel but is only 88 octane☹️

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RMK800

Posted July 17, 2016 - 07:15 PM

Maverick is selling ethanol free fuel but is only 88 octane☹️

Ya know... Maverik isn't everywhere. Works for the lawn mower and that's about it.

• Not sponsored

Posted July 20, 2016 - 04:56 PM

If your looking for non ethanol fuel try small airports, the one by me sells something called mogas, not sure what it's used for but its 93 octane with no ethanol. I've run the 100 low lead av fuel in my fx as well, also no ethanol, smells good too.

• JoeRC51

Posted July 20, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Have any of you ever tested your local hi-test gas for ethanol. I've done it with four different top tier brands and come up with no ethanol.

• colerlone

Posted July 20, 2016 - 05:43 PM

How do you test it? I used to flight instruct at airports that used 100ll. I wasnt sure how the kead would affect things. I thought mogas was marine fuel?

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:23 AM

Mogas is what they use in ground support equipment, airport gas vehicles, and anything else that runs off of gasoline. It's pretty much just ethanol-free gadoline and I think it's even short for "motor gasoline."

• Not sponsored

Posted July 21, 2016 - 05:31 AM

How do you test it? I used to flight instruct at airports that used 100ll. I wasnt sure how the kead would affect things. I thought mogas was marine fuel?

I used to run the 100ll exclusively in my 2 stroke, I've put 5 gals through my fx when they were out of mogas, no issues so far.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.