DeVol Rear Brake Guard for 01 WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • Big_Mac

Posted March 15, 2004 - 03:14 PM

Anyone out there have experience mounting the DeVol aluminum shark-fin rear brake guard? I received the part without any mounting instructions. It comes with a machined Al spacer and looks like it gets mounted between the swing-arm and the brake carrier. My biggest question is where does the spacer go?? It doesn't fit onto any of the stock components on the rear wheel or swing-arm. Thanks for the help!

• r1superstar

Posted March 15, 2004 - 03:41 PM

Anyone out there have experience mounting the DeVol aluminum shark-fin rear brake guard? I received the part without any mounting instructions. It comes with a machined Al spacer and looks like it gets mounted between the swing-arm and the brake carrier. My biggest question is where does the spacer go?? It doesn't fit onto any of the stock components on the rear wheel or swing-arm. Thanks for the help!

The spacer goes between the rim and the guard.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Big_Mac

Posted March 16, 2004 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. Unfortunately, the supplied spacer is too big (O.D. larger than stock spacer in the rim). Think I'll try machining it down to correct dia. Cheers.

• Tom14911

Posted March 16, 2004 - 01:57 PM

Its been awhile since I did mine. I know that the order on mine goes(inward)swingarm, brake assembly, guard, spacer. I want to say that the spacer supplied takes the place of ine of the stock spacers. Therefore the stock spacer on the chainwheel side would be longer than the spacer on the brake side. Sorry my memory sucks, mine works good though.

Tom

• holeshot426

Posted March 16, 2004 - 02:30 PM

It should replace the stock spacer. If its OD is too big, they may have ordered the wrong year. I know I tried to order devol guard for the front, when I got it (no destructions then either, kind of irritating) it wouldnt fit because the axle was to big for the spacer and guard holes. If I remember right, I had to machine out the hole larger for the rear guard also... You might call whoever you bought it from and double check its for the correct year.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.