Frankenseat......

22 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 14, 2016 - 06:49 PM

.........is coming.....

• stevethe

Posted July 14, 2016 - 07:36 PM

You mean your going to Beta seat on top of a seat it.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 14, 2016 - 08:11 PM

You mean your going to Beta seat on top of a seat it.

I could not have said it better.

AKA: Sourdough Loaf

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 14, 2016 - 09:43 PM

It will have been an otherwise beautiful dirt bike...
So do the ergos measure out a lot differently than your old WR?

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted July 15, 2016 - 04:24 AM

Have you tried Guts hard foam? I tried the medium foam and found it too soft. Plus I would sink way too low in the medium density seat, negating the tall option.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 15, 2016 - 04:45 AM

It will have been an otherwise beautiful dirt bike...
So do the ergos measure out a lot differently than your old WR?

It's hard to measure with any meaningful info.

...but yes, everything is closer together on the new frames.

The 'sweet spot' on the seat is at least 3" closer to the front wheel, which makes the ergos feel even smaller, but when you start measureing peg to bars to axles to swingarm numbers, they are only slightly different. Of course, the stock pegs are nearly 15mm higher than the WR's of old.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:56 PM

...two more days till the ugliest and most comforatable seat in the universe is revealed....

• Summit

Posted July 19, 2016 - 03:49 AM

You must sacrifice comfort before messing up a cool looking dirt bike you know.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 19, 2016 - 04:48 AM

You must sacrifice comfort before messing up a cool looking dirt bike you know.

Know this I do not...

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:18 PM

A seat only a Mother could love.....and it's not even right. Too narrow, so I am going to do it over.

20160721_160750_zpsvw94l0dk.jpg20160721_160733_zpsswtbb1gb.jpg20160721_160728_zpsnvkdnepj.jpg20160721_160721_zpsokejjui9.jpg

20160721_160712_zps2tzw6pzm.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:34 PM

Oh man. Yeah, a mother might say she still loves it, but only because she has to say it because she knows it would crush its feelings to tell the truth. If they had moto seats for people with hemorrhoids, it would probably look sort of like that. But hey...who cares, whatever works! You don't have to look at it, you'll be busy riding.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:47 PM

Oh man. Yeah, a mother might say she still loves it, but only because she has to say it because she knows it would crush its feelings to tell the truth. If they had moto seats for people with hemorrhoids, it would probably look sort of like that. But hey...who cares, whatever works! You don't have to look at it, you'll be busy riding.

Exactly

What I have to worry about is the brightness of my ear-to-ear grin reflecting back on my helmet on to my goggles....

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 21, 2016 - 04:49 PM

Looking forward to the first ride report.

• Chaconne

Posted July 21, 2016 - 06:19 PM

Exactly

What I have to worry about is the brightness of my ear-to-ear grin reflecting back on my helmet on to my goggles....

On the other hand: How about treating yourself and that beautiful machine to a little pricey custom:

http://fishersaddlebags.com/

Those boys will make it like you want and it will look good too and it will cost ya...but so what with a sweet bike like that. :ride:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 21, 2016 - 06:33 PM

On the other hand: How about treating yourself and that beautiful machine to a little pricey custom:

http://fishersaddlebags.com/

Those boys will make it like you want and it will look good too and it will cost ya...but so what with a sweet bike like that. :ride:

$350 each 

Mine was $80 total...

• Chaconne

Posted July 21, 2016 - 08:40 PM

$350 each 

Mine was $80 total...

Yes it is pricey. But the workmanship and quality is incredible. In my case I really needed the seat lowered which meant there was very little for them to work with on my 2014 WR. I actually shaved one seat myself but I was not happy with it at all. The boys a Fisher not only lowered it as much possible but they also widened it slightly as well, so the almost seat pan was way more comfortable. If your $80 job works for you that is awesome. Looking forward to the finished pics.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 22, 2016 - 04:50 AM

Yes it is pricey. But the workmanship and quality is incredible. In my case I really needed the seat lowered which meant there was very little for them to work with on my 2014 WR. I actually shaved one seat myself but I was not happy with it at all. The boys a Fisher not only lowered it as much possible but they also widened it slightly as well, so the almost seat pan was way more comfortable. If your $80 job works for you that is awesome. Looking forward to the finished pics.

I have taken a Seat Concepts seat and modified it with more foam, with great results.....but I don't have any extra time right now to do my own 'project'....

• falconjet

Posted July 22, 2016 - 06:34 AM

Next week is "Be kind to your hemorrhoids week."

Looks like the proper seat for the week. :jawdrop:

• Agazza

Posted July 22, 2016 - 10:15 PM

Wtf

• shrubitup

Posted July 23, 2016 - 12:09 AM

It don't look bad. A lil bloated but not bad. I'd be comfortable on that. I have an SDG tall w/ soft foam and like it on my old Kawasaki. I'll likely get one for my CRF450X because the stock seat feels low and the red color is unbecoming. 

Edited by shrubitup, July 23, 2016 - 12:09 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.