99 WR 400 Fuel range

2 replies to this topic
  • KX25O

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:01 PM

Hi guys, I've got a mate that has a Wr400, the other day we both went riding with about 18 other people, we did between 135 to 140 Ks, I've got a 00 yz426f and I had my standard 8 litre fuel tank and 2 litres in my pack. Now I got back using my 10 litres and most other people ran out even some who had larger than standard fuel tanks. So my mate wanted to know why he used 13 or 14 litres and I only used under 10.. Are the Wr's just thirsty or would it be more likely to be jetting exhaust set up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:04 PM

Hi guys, I've got a mate that has a Wr400, the other day we both went riding with about 18 other people, we did between 135 to 140 Ks, I've got a 00 yz426f and I had my standard 8 litre fuel tank and 2 litres in my pack. Now I got back using my 10 litres and most other people ran out even some who had larger than standard fuel tanks. So my mate wanted to know why he used 13 or 14 litres and I only used under 10.. Are the Wr's just thirsty or would it be more likely to be jetting exhaust set up?

No way to say

Too many variables, like jetting, rider, worn top end, etc

More than likely his carb is poorly set up.

• KX25O

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:50 PM

He rides similar to me.. Maybe a little less on the throttle, it could have a worn top end but was hoping someone could at least tell me what they get out of their same model bike. I'd put my money on carb as well but it seems like a big difference.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.