- - - - -

Rekluse CORE EXP on YZ450F ?

• Please sign in to reply

9 replies to this topic
  • mxmonkey

TT Member

47 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 04:54 PM

Looking at getting a REKLUSE CORE EXP 2.0 for my YZ450F.  Anybody running or tried one of these?  A good purchase? Would like some feedback.  Looks like a decent price for only being used 10 hours? Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/...YZXfUUs&vxp=mtr

Edited by mxmonkey, July 12, 2016 - 05:04 PM.

• Tankslap

TT Bronze Member

234 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 05:41 PM

These clutches are pretty darn sweet - but what type of riding do you do?

That one looks like its in good shape...if it's really @ 10 hours (and still looks like it does in those pics) that is a great deal if you are already in the market.  Auto-clutch isn't for everybody though.

EDIT TO ADD: Whoops I thought that was the 3.0.  I don't think I'd go for it on second thought.

Edited by Tankslap, July 12, 2016 - 05:43 PM.

• grayracer513
42,862 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 13, 2016 - 06:18 AM

I'm confused as to which Rekluse you're talking about.  There is the EXP 2.0, and the improved later EXP 3.0, both of which are cost cost option that drop into a stock clutch, and then there is the entirely different Core EXP.  The Core EXP is a complete race grade clutch assembly that also incorporates the EXP auto clutch ring.  They are excellent.

The EXP 2.0 I would avoid, simply because the 3.0 works considerably better.  But in either case, the EXP kits reduce the clutch pack by a pair of plates, and require quite a bit of fiddling to keep adjusted.  The 3.0 is OK for everything up to serious racing.  Pass on the 2.0

Edit:  Just looked at the ad.  That's the full Core EXP.  Wonder what his reserve is....

• cpetz24

TT Bronze Member

427 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 07:11 AM

HA !  So you're the guy who outbid me!!!  lol   I guess $100 wasnt a very serious bid though...

• TN Dirt Rider

TT Silver Member

793 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 07:24 AM

If it gets close to his "buy it now" price I would just consider getting a brand new z-start pro.  I've never ridden any of the core type clutches from Rekluse, but have had 3 of the z-start family and all have been bullet proof for me.  As long as you don't mind the soft clutch feel.  

I didn't ride it, but recently jumped on a friends bike that had an EXP ring in it...man the clutch pull was super stiff.  I still manual my clutch a lot even with a Rekluse and that pull would get on my nerves.  I much prefer the mushy z-start feel to what I felt on his bike.

• grayracer513
42,862 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 13, 2016 - 03:53 PM

If it gets close to his "buy it now" price I would just consider getting a brand new z-start pro.  I've never ridden any of the core type clutches from Rekluse, but have had 3 of the z-start family and all have been bullet proof for me.  As long as you don't mind the soft clutch feel.

I like mine.

• wes513v and TN Dirt Rider like this
  • Like This

• NW_drZ

TT Silver Member

844 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 10:29 PM

If it gets close to his "buy it now" price I would just consider getting a brand new z-start pro. I've never ridden any of the core type clutches from Rekluse, but have had 3 of the z-start family and all have been bullet proof for me. As long as you don't mind the soft clutch feel.

I didn't ride it, but recently jumped on a friends bike that had an EXP ring in it...man the clutch pull was super stiff. I still manual my clutch a lot even with a Rekluse and that pull would get on my nerves. I much prefer the mushy z-start feel to what I felt on his bike.

Core 3 has a stock clutch pull while the EXP ring is stiffer. My core in my FX feels exactly like the stock clutch. Prefer it to the Z start for that reason.

Edited by NW_drZ, July 13, 2016 - 10:47 PM.

• 85Stepside

TT Newbie

4 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 01:22 PM

I have a core exp 3. Took it out. Love the idea but cant get it adj. correctly. Im sure its not a clutch kit problem. Yes the ebay is a 2. The 3 has a lot of upgrades.

• jimbopitts

TT Bronze Member

148 posts

Posted September 08, 2016 - 08:23 AM

I have the 3.0. Its a game changer. Worth every penny

• jimbopitts

TT Bronze Member

148 posts

Posted September 08, 2016 - 08:31 AM

I have a core exp 3. Took it out. Love the idea but cant get it adj. correctly. Im sure its not a clutch kit problem. Yes the ebay is a 2. The 3 has a lot of upgrades.

The auto clutch disk comes with a combo of soft and hard springs and that combo works the best. It engages as soon as you crack the throttle. Rekluse has an installation video on YouTube and it shows you how to perfectly set up the install gap. I had to readjust the install gap after about 10 hours

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.