Can somebody post pics of factory hot start lever/cable setup?

3 replies to this topic
  • PNW_XR

Posted July 08, 2016 - 10:36 AM

I would really appreciate it. My 2002 WR426 has an aftermarket Dr. D hot start thumb lever and cable which relocates it to the throttle side. The cable is broken at the lever and they do not sell them anymore. I called them and they said they would call me back after talking to their manufacturer and they never called me back (I waited 2 days, extremely poor service). Anyhow, wondering what the factory setup looks like and what I will need. I can't seem to find ANY factory parts on the motorcycle parts sites.

Edited by PNW_XR, July 08, 2016 - 10:37 AM.

• 0bigsilver6

Posted July 08, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Assuming it's the same as the 02 YZ426, which I have, the stock hot start is a plunger that looks identical to the chock, and sits right above the choke on the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 08, 2016 - 06:56 PM

I would really appreciate it. My 2002 WR426 has an aftermarket Dr. D hot start thumb lever and cable which relocates it to the throttle side. The cable is broken at the lever and they do not sell them anymore. I called them and they said they would call me back after talking to their manufacturer and they never called me back (I waited 2 days, extremely poor service). Anyhow, wondering what the factory setup looks like and what I will need. I can't seem to find ANY factory parts on the motorcycle parts sites.

You just need a choke assembly, which will fit in the hotstart cavity, replacing the hot start set up you have now.

No cable, no lever on the bar.

• PNW_XR

Posted July 09, 2016 - 07:49 AM

Aha! Thanks guys. I was thinking it had factory handlebar controls, but on the clutch side. No wonder I was having issues!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.