Forearm Pump

3 replies to this topic
  • jdyfletch

Posted March 30, 2002 - 05:10 PM

Does anyone have any input on spring loaded squeezers to strenghthen forearms. I heard some negs and pos. I'm going to try something off the wall - hang off a chin-up bar (3 sets of determined time) Who knows, maybe it will help.
Hey everone have a nice easter!

Your new TT friend.

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 30, 2002 - 05:59 PM

I've never tried it, but I've heard good things about putting a 10# weight on the end of a string tied to a piece of broom stick. You then hold your arms out and roll it up and down as much as possible. Have fun!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted March 31, 2002 - 04:38 AM

Hey jdyfletch
forearm pump is caused by a few things:
1: Holding on for dear life (I.E. Handle Bar Grip)
2: Upper Arm Strenght (elbow up)
3: Lower Arm Stringht (elbow down)
4: Susepsion
5: Dehydration

All 4 factors can have termendous effects, Here is what I did to train.

1: Slow down
2: Get a girl friend with Big Hooters
3: Dial the suspension in
4: Drink alot of beer ?
:)
To Be serious, Yes the Spring Hand Grinps work, although this will only work your wrist and hand (SirThumper has a good method here),also get some 5, 8 and 10 pound dumbells and start doing wrist curls, Meaning grip the dumbell like you hands are on the bars, lift up and down the dumbell like your twisting the grip. use them for normal curls also. There are some good books on Training for riders.

I used Joel Robert`s method (Joel was the 250 GP Champion in Europe) back when they rode 3 45 minute moto's on bikes with 3" of travel. Not this 2 30 minute Wheenie stuff.

Anyway there I go Joel's method was
Drink Alot and Smoke as many cigeretts as he could and stay out all night partying.
True Story the guy never trained.

Hope it helps but the hooters is somthing to look into

Make sure your fluids are good (Drink alot of water) this is the number one cause for muscle fatique

:D

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• RichB

Posted March 31, 2002 - 07:39 AM

Release your thumbs from the bars every now and then. It's pretty much impossible to hang on too tight if you don't have a "lock" on things via the thumbs.

Make a conscious effort to to that and it will help a lot.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.