13 yz450f rear brake pivot receiving hole in frame is stripped out

3 replies to this topic
  • colerlone

Posted July 03, 2016 - 12:46 PM

My rear brake bolt always seemed to get loose easily, now its stripped. If the bolt was longer it could grab some threads but being that weird proprietary bolt, i dont think finding a longer one is an option. Should i try to jb weld it in? I dont see what else to do

• Slow and Jerky

Posted July 04, 2016 - 03:27 AM

I don't think JB weld is going to hold  for long. You will need to either Heli-coil it or get a Timesert steel insert. Timeserts are best, but Helicoil kits (or something like it) are generally more readily available.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • colerlone

Posted July 04, 2016 - 06:05 AM

I thpught about deepening the hole in the lever itself because the threads are good deeper in my frame, or getting an aftermarket one that isnt as deep

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 05, 2016 - 02:36 PM

My rear brake bolt always seemed to get loose easily, now its stripped. If the bolt was longer it could grab some threads but being that weird proprietary bolt, i dont think finding a longer one is an option. Should i try to jb weld it in? I dont see what else to do

Use a Helicoil or a Time-sert re-threader insert.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.