• YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • RSS Feed
  • Google+

Photo
- - - - -

WR450F just bought, major issues running!

• Please sign in to reply

23 replies to this topic
  • offroadxj

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 07:44 PM

http://www.thumperta...loating-ground/

I just read that but still am a little confused. Should I have not wired the headlight into the tusk kit to have off/low/high without doing a high output stator? Headlight still will only come on when bike is started, so what really is different?

Edited by offroadxj, July 07, 2016 - 10:42 PM.

• offroadxj

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 09:54 PM

Bump, I am still having issues and can't get anything figured out. I have read some stuff about upgrading the stator when putting on a street legal kit. Does this have to be done, or can you just connect straight to positive and negative on the battery like I did?

• Nuklhed

TT Bronze Member

243 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 08:33 AM

Have you tried disconnecting the street legal kit (but leave it on the bike) and ride it around to see what happens?  And/or did you ever take the carb apart?

Edited by Nuklhed, October 16, 2016 - 08:33 AM.

• tcmII

TT Bronze Member

337 posts

Posted October 18, 2016 - 11:24 AM

Your changing too many things at once to diagnose a problem.  You stated the problem didn't exist until you installed the dual sport kit.  By the way, you can't add a dual sport system without connecting to the factory harness\system at some point. That's where you should have started.

Changing pipe and jetting, vapor lock and new stator are all distractions (and in some cases not the best advise) to solving a simple problem.  Best bet in my opinion, to go back to square one, return the bike to the condition it was when you bought it.  See how it runs, if there are problems, fix those.  Then add one thing at a time and then test.  Never change  multiple items at once unless you have a clear understanding of the systems effected and their interaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.