2016 450fx stator in a 2016 450f?

7 replies to this topic
  • S.back

Posted July 01, 2016 - 09:54 PM

does anybody no if it is possible to put a 2016 450fx stator in a 2016 450f ?

• grayracer513

Posted July 05, 2016 - 06:53 AM

It may, but it could be a problem.  The cranks of the two engines are different.  The left side of the FX crank is longer to accommodate the starter drive assembly that goes behind the flywheel, and the left crankcase cover is also deeper to allow that.  Further, the stator and flywheel naturally have to be used as a pair.  It's likely that such a swap would require the stator, a flywheel, the left cover, AND a crankshaft, as is the case with the Gen2 YZ/WR swap.

• Monk

Posted July 05, 2016 - 07:25 AM

The short answer is no. You'll need the FX crank, flywheel, stator, ignition cover as well as a host of other parts.

• drtrcr400

Posted July 05, 2016 - 09:33 AM

does anybody no if it is possible to put a 2016 450fx stator in a 2016 450f ?

What do you need the extra output for?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • S.back

Posted July 05, 2016 - 04:59 PM

just wanted to no if it was possible. when I put the Baja designs headlight on when you ride at low rpms the light would flicker. I wired in a small battery in parallel with the capacitor and mounted it behind headlight, that fixed the flicker at low rpms and charges battery at higher rpms. im also thinking of installing a fan for summer riding. I think it will be ok if wired into battery and I don't run the headlight at the same time.

• Monk

Posted July 05, 2016 - 05:05 PM

just wanted to no if it was possible. when I put the Baja designs headlight on when you ride at low rpms the light would flicker. I wired in a small battery in parallel with the capacitor and mounted it behind headlight, that fixed the flicker at low rpms and charges battery at higher rpms. im also thinking of installing a fan for summer riding. I think it will be ok if wired into battery and I don't run the headlight at the same time.

I would guarantee the initial wattage needed to start the fan will pull from the fuel pump and the bike might die...

• drtrcr400

Posted July 05, 2016 - 06:01 PM

I think you could run the fan as long as the headlight is off and your using the battery you mentioned. I've been contemplating the idea myself!

• S.back

Posted July 05, 2016 - 07:01 PM

the battery I used is the one from ricky stators. its bigger than the one Baja designs offer. its about the size of a beer can, maybe not as tall. fits behind head light just fine .had to put the battery in because the bike only put out about 10.5 volts at low rpms. you have to run through toggle switch to shut power off. I would think that battery is big enough to take the hit from the fan on start up and maintain 12 volts. I no I would have to run the fan through a toggle switch just in case it had to be shut off.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.