Clutch-out howling noise?

4 replies to this topic
  • barak

Posted June 28, 2016 - 07:27 PM

I have a 2008 WR450F I bought used a couple of years ago and it has always had a noise I can only describe as a howl, when in gear, with the clutch out. When in gear, clutch pulled, the noise completely goes away.

It came with an after market clutch cover and it almost sounds like it resonates. I'll get a link to a video file set up soon, but if anyone has experienced the same or knows what may be causing the noise, please chime in.

The bike always has, and still, runs very strong. 

Thanks!

Barak

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 28, 2016 - 08:29 PM

Normal

They all do it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barak

Posted June 28, 2016 - 09:14 PM

Normal

They all do it

Thanks, that's good to hear, but I have listened to other WR450s (same model year) and didn't get the howl

• SatansReverence

Posted June 30, 2016 - 12:50 AM

My Brand new 2015 does it.

Definitely normal.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 30, 2016 - 05:18 AM

Thanks, that's good to hear, but I have listened to other WR450s (same model year) and didn't get the howl

I'm assuming your specific howl is the 'normal' one.....if it has any real sound pitch to the noise, that would be a sign of an actual problem.

Just a wide frequency low amplitude howl, kind of hollow and rumbley sounding, is normal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.