Front brakes not working properly

6 replies to this topic
  • cupcake2100

Posted June 26, 2016 - 12:05 PM

Hello i have a wr426 and recently my front brake started doing something weird. When i am stopped it works fine and when i pull the brake i will not move, however when i am moving and i pull the brake it will barley work at all, even pulled in enough to touch the handle bars, does anyone know what the problem is?

• Chocos

Posted June 27, 2016 - 12:20 AM

Air contaminated, bleed it. If fluid is more than 3 years old it is recommended to drain it and use fresh brake fluid.

• grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2016 - 09:56 AM

Doesn't sound that way.  I see no complaint of mushy feel or excess travel.  Sounds more like contaminated brake pads, and or a glazed rotor. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cupcake2100

Posted June 27, 2016 - 12:25 PM

Im not sure what the problem is, but today when i went for a ride the brakes were fixed! Cheers!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 27, 2016 - 02:56 PM

Im not sure what the problem is, but today when i went for a ride the brakes were fixed! Cheers!

Nothing fixes it self.

Do a brake system service, or you might get hurt

New fluid

Bleed it

Inspect pads and rotor for wear

If you have the original MC diaphram, you should replace it now....

• cupcake2100

Posted June 27, 2016 - 05:43 PM

Sounds good, thanks

• Chocos

Posted June 28, 2016 - 03:28 AM

Don't forget to put red rubber grease inside rubber boots. Do not put grease on pistons or inside the caliper. Only apply fresh brake fluid on new seal lips and cavities, piston bore. Silicon grease on caliper pin bolt shank.

Clean brake rotor contact surface with solvent prior to install.

Wear gloves when you deal with brake fluid.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.