99WR400 in need of new head

5 replies to this topic
  • VprDrvr

Posted March 14, 2004 - 01:48 PM

My 99 WR400 is in need of a new head. Anyone have parts from a WR400, WR426, YZ400, or YZ426? I'm told the head is interchangeable.
Thanks for your help.
I posted this in the for-sale forum as well, but thought I might have better results here. Anyone ever get any repair work on the cylinder head? Thanks,
Keith

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted March 14, 2004 - 01:50 PM

send it to edco.they can fix most anything.

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

• PumpkinHumper

Posted March 15, 2004 - 03:40 AM

send it to edco.they can fix most anything.

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

Good advise!! check them out. They fixed my cam journals for less than $100.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted March 15, 2004 - 05:19 AM

My head just came back from ED. Work is great.

He opened intake cam journals.
Valve job.
Cleaned ports.

Other than the fact that it took a while and the exhaust valves were set .03 loose, a good experience.

My compression is way up and the bike runs great. I'm reluctant to change to YZ timing now. It explodes off the bottom. Lean back in 4th, grap a hanfull and straight up she goes!!

Yeah!

• x2smoker

Posted March 15, 2004 - 08:44 AM

Just got mine back from Edco as well. They turned it in less than a week. I didn't think it was repairable because a broken valve did alot of damage, but it looks real nice. I haven't got it going yet because I discovered the cylinder was damaged as well, got one on order. However, I anticipate that the head will perform well.

x2

• VprDrvr

Posted March 18, 2004 - 05:52 AM

I think I'll go this route and try to get it fixed. Thanks for the info.
Keith

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.