WR450F 2016 Turns Itself On

• Please sign in to reply

6 replies to this topic
  • woodduck

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 01:27 AM

Gday all,

Has anyone had issues with their bike turning itself on after riding in the rain? Was riding when it started to rain fairly heavy. Got home, washed it and admittedly put it away wet, went into the garage about an hour later and the ignition is on. Turn it off and 5 seconds later turns itself back on.

Dried all the relays and connectors with compressed air, still doing it. Dried the starter switch same.

Had a quick search and couldn't find anything wondering if anyone has heard of this happening.

Thanks

Steve

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,210 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 20, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Mine went on when I gave it a heavy washing under the seat to clean it for the Acerbis tank installation. But it only stayed on for a minute then off. You got one of the relays too wet. That relay might be best served zip tied toward the top of the underside of the seat. They also make a cover that goes over the relays. It's in the YZ, WR250 section if you do a search.

Edited by stevethe, June 20, 2016 - 07:00 AM.

• Super_Davee

TT Member

68 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 11:35 AM

Even though I've never had this problem, I recently installed one of these covers from LightSpeed. 

Attached Thumbnails

• LIGHTSPEED.jpg

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,210 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 20, 2016 - 11:47 AM

If you ever put the big Acerbis YZ450 on all the electronics can go under the fender seat area which are better protected.

• woodduck

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 12:32 AM

I will look into a cover of some description. Thanks
I think i have isolated it to the starter switch, when measured with a multimeter it only reads 40-60kohms.

• Honda292

TT Newbie

16 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 03:25 AM

Hi did you ever find out the exact cause , mine is giving me hell, starts cycling the ignition and priming the fuel pump. Then tonight i was laying in bed and heard my bike start in the shed. It had started itself

• CaveMike

TT Silver Member

597 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 04:57 PM

CaveMike have cousin who turn himself on. Problem get so bad no one willing hang out with him. Hopefully bike get fixed or it going end up alone like cousin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.